What's a good price for a modulus quantum 4???

turtletheyertle

• Members

I believe its a year 2000, PU's are soapbars, I will take pics later today, How do I find out what kind of preamp is in it?

Adjusting rod or no in the neck?

And for the pre, just pop the back cover. Should be right there.

• Members

The bass does have a truss rod.

As for the pre amp I opened the back and it is not clearly labeled at all, I tried to get it in the pictures but it positioned in a way that its almost impossible to get a picture of, however I moved the wires all around looking for a label and I didn't find one!

BTW, the back is very scuffed up and there's a tiny TINY crack down by the neck pocket (about 2 mm in length)

dsc00450vy9.jpg

dsc00448yy9.jpg

dsc00450by5.jpg

dsc00452ep0.jpg

• Members

yeah its a beautiful bass, I just want to build a p bass with a neck made of something called WOOD :idea:

And I want it to be nice and fat.

and I could do that and with a little more of my own money I could buy/upgrade an agile les paul, which i've wanted to do for a long time.

• Members

that is beautiful...

its ironic that I have this beautiful bass but the one that sounds good is my 80's peavey tl-6, ugly dark purple stained wood with freakin TRIANGLE MOTHER OF PEARL SHAPED INLAYS look like they belong on sesame street, not to mention fugly gold hardware!

oh and i forgot it has 2 more strings then what is acceptable!

• Members

With the wear on the body like that, it'd kinda be pushing it.

I sold a brand new MINT fretless w/ a 5A quilted top on eBay for right at 1500. My 94 green Q5 which was mint went for around $1300.

I'd start at 1100 and BIN at 1300.

• Members

I sold a brand new MINT fretless w/ a 5A quilted top on eBay for right at 1500. My 94 green Q5 which was mint went for around $1300.

hmm i can live with that, seeing as I got a good deal at GC (i heard the boss yelling at the kid who sold it to me hahaha)

but before I do I need to decide more about the bass im building so that I can get to it right away!

• Members

+1. I'm not sure what preamp that is. As far as the year, the first two digits of the serial number on the back of the headstock is the year code. If it's a 2000, the first two digits should be "00"

Archived