anyone ever heard of Synergy Guitars store? (rant)

mdd30

• Members

Has anyone ever heard of Synergy Guitars in Boca Raton, FL? Or been to the store? I bought some pickups from them in February, and I haven't heard anything back from them other than one order confirmation right after I bought them, and the fact that they processed my money. Haven't gotten the pickups, obviously. They have order tracking on their site, but it's always said 'pending shipment'. I've called them several times and haven't gotten them to pick up the phone, I've left messages and no one will call me back. I've also emailed several times voicing my displeasure, and gotten no responses. I'm sure that any response is not being filtered, because I get every stupid junk mail that's ever been in existence. Towards the end of March, I made yet another of my calls to them, and they had changed their message to say that they would be on vacation until the 22nd of April. So, I called today, no answer, and now it says the 20th of April. I may have misheard the date when I called in March, but still...it now says April 20th, and they're still not there or whatever. I'm just pretty much pissed right now. Anyone ever dealt with them ever, or been to the store? I'd just like to know what the hell I can do, if much at all.

• Members

well, I bought a set of Seymour Duncan basslines ssb-5s's from them, because at the time, they were the only place I could find that had a set of them. I checked everywhere. Stores didn't wanna help, it seemed. I wanted to replace the pickups in my 5'er, but didn't wanna spend too much. I already found a great deal on some emg's, (bought with a whole bunch of other stuff, which I sold, and the pickups ended up being basically free to me) so I don't even need the pickups anymore. I've made a lot of other purchases over the net that I've never had a problem with. I'm not sure that I can get my money back from the card, because it's a debit card. Even though it's backed by visa...yeah, I'm not sure. I might have to look into it if this doesn't get resolved soon.

• Members

they've allegedly been rippin people off for a while now. there was a big stink about it over on thegearpage ( i think) a while back.

Great. Guess I'll be taking some kind of action sooner than later

• Members

Good luck. It doesn't look good.

I contacted my bank and they said they do have a procedure for handling things like this, but who knows how much more successful they would be. I'm thinking of calling Seymour Duncan and letting them know how shoddy one of their retailers' business practices are.

• Members

I emailed Seymour Duncan...maybe I should email all the other retailers and they can put heat on this jagbag? I doubt they do, but who knows. I'm just pissed. I'm going to try calling this guy and emailing him, hounding him. Maybe he'll finally give in.

• Moderators

I emailed Seymour Duncan...maybe I should email all the other retailers and they can put heat on this jagbag? I doubt they do, but who knows. I'm just pissed. I'm going to try calling this guy and emailing him, hounding him. Maybe he'll finally give in.

Maybe, or maybe not. I wouldn't bother other manufacturers (assuming that's what you meant) your bank is on the transaction and Seymour Duncan has been notified their retailer is being problematic. When I had a problem a few years back with a fraudulent retailer (Steve Barr of Vintage Bass Trading Co. / The Dude Pit infamy) I took my problem to the manufacturer (Lakland) and they had it straightened out in no time. I hope your problem is resolved as smoothly as mine was.

• Members

Yeah, if it were on the west coast of Florida I might go up there for you and see what I could do. But a 3 hour drive is not something I'm up for right now. Someone in Miami could toss a brick through the window for you maybe?

LOL...thanks for the thought and the support. I'm gonna try and hound these guys and get my bank on it...waiting to hear back from Seymour Duncan...I told them that I don't expect them to do anything, but any help would be appreciated. The thing is, it's only $120, but still...it's the principle of the thing. Plus, with my cashflow...$120 is at least a little significant

• 1 month later...
  • Members

And a resolution...I finally got my money back yesterday. The BBB wasn't much help at all...I filed a complaint, and over a month later, received Synergy's "rebuttal", which was just a regurgitation of their bull{censored} return policy, then them saying that I never called and/or left messages. Which, I have the phone records to prove it. I gave my answer to that through the bbb, and never heard anything back. But, at the same time I filed my complaint through them, I filed a complaint through my bank, and since I used a debit card, they finally got me a refund for the pickups I paid for back in February. It did take quite awhile, but they got it done. Still, yeah, stay away from these guys.

• Members

well, i live really close from sinergy guitars, my guitar player has been there and the owner is not very cool... anyway he sells very expensive guitars, basses and amps and he doesnt like people at his store... im gonna let my guitar player know about this.. so he can buy his soldano somewhere else

Archived