Crackle buzz crackle

tacobear

• Members

Ok when i turn the knobs on my Boss ODB-3 it makes crackle sounds. I've got me some contact cleaner spray, took the back off but wasnt too sure what to actually spray it on.

Little help please! Oh yeh I am a real douche bag when it come to these sort of things, so real step by step advice if thats ok.

• Members

Ok when i turn the knobs on my Boss ODB-3 it makes crackle sounds. I've got me some contact cleaner spray, took the back off but wasnt too sure what to actually spray it on.

Little help please! Oh yeh I am a real douche bag when it come to these sort of things, so real step by step advice if thats ok.

you want to spray the contact cleaner into the pot itself. on the boss pedals there should be a little slit in the rear of the pot - if you can get the straw on your contact cleaner in there then go for it.

just squirt a little in and rotate the pot fully (1-10) about 8 to 10 times. if that doesn't fix it then it may be time to replace the pot.

• Members

ok I think Im doing this right, by going in from the back of the box. however I cant seem to see how to spray the contact cleaner on to anything as the back of the knobs are covered with a green plastic cover. Do I take that off?

Thanks for the advice though :)

• Members

ok I think Im doing this right, by going in from the back of the box. however I cant seem to see how to spray the contact cleaner on to anything as the back of the knobs are covered with a green plastic cover. Do I take that off?

Thanks for the advice though
:)

if you can shoot me a pic i'll show you exactly where to put it.

you're gonna have to pull the circuitboard, pots and jacks out of the enclosure to get to the pots. have you done that?

• Members

That's normal, it's an ODB-3 after all.
:lol:

Seriously though, sounds like GM is on the case, do what he says, he knows his {censored} better than most.

HAHA yeh its really not the best pedal. oh if only I could travel back in time to warn the past me that sounding like a bee in a bottle really isnt the best tone and certainly not doing my Warrick any justice. Im just dusting it off to have a play around with again to see if I can rustle any thing usable out of it as Im kinda playing in a new band that could maybe suit using it. I really like how At the drive in used distorted bass to phaten out the wig out guitar bits.

• Members

ah well nevermind. I suppose that will teach me to buy run of the mill gear. Doh!

Thanks so much for your help though.

no problem man - i'm sorry i didn't think about the enclosed pot thing sooner.too much multitasking has its downsides i guess :)

those enclosed pots are supposed to prevent this kind of thing but, more often than not they just turn the pedal into junk.

Archived