looking for a good theory book

b_ryceeeee

• Members

right now i have the Ed friedland complete edition book and ill be finished with it soon for a good theory book when im done with the Ed friedland book. ive found three books and they are "the evolving bassist", "serious electric bass" and "Harmony & Theory: A Comprehensive Source for All Musicians" if any one has any experience with these please let me know how they are.

• Members

Another good one is supposed to be

Elementary Rudiments of Music: "Recommended for Use in the Study of Theory at the Royal Conservatory of Music" (Spiral-bound) by Barbara Wharram (Author)

Haven't seen it, and have rarely seen it available, even as used.

• Moderators

My endorsement is for "Harmony & Theory: A Comprehensive Source for All Musicians." I recommend it without hesitation and have to numerous people on and off the boards. For learning theory I recommend it well in front of "The Evolving Bassist."

In general the two best books on theory I've found are:

This one 61ZMHMCKG6L._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsit for understanding theory at a working level and this one 511RXE8KVYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg for understanding theory at a much higher level.

• Members

My endorsement is for "Harmony & Theory: A Comprehensive Source for All Musicians." I recommend it without hesitation and have to numerous people on and off the boards. For learning theory I recommend it well in front of "The Evolving Bassist."

This one
61ZMHMCKG6L._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsit
for understanding theory at a working level and
this one
511RXE8KVYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
for understanding theory at a much higher level.

i was just checkin out the harmony and theory for all musicians on bass books.com and it seems pretty sweet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This one
for understanding theory at a working level and
this one
511RXE8KVYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
for understanding theory at a much higher level.

Just received this one today. Looks pretty good, broken down into bite-sized pieces, in a workbook format. Say, I might even pick something up. ;)

Archived