Craigslist hilarity: Will trade crappy upright for $3000 bass...

bassthumpintwin

• Members

Great Chinese Upright Bass, great for beginners! $875 only - $875 (Portage Park/Irving Park)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-669248658@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-05-05, 6:49PM CDT

This bass sounds great, but it's a little worn. It was my first bass, and it sounds great for a plywood instrument, it has it's dings and knocks, but for an Upright bass, that costs this little it's a steal. I'll consider a trade too, I'll accept a Lakland Skyline 55-94 bass guitar, or anything else. Let me know if you're interested.

My phone number is 1-773-279-9457.

My cell phone number is 1-773-206-8491

$875 firm and maybe a Laklad skyline 55-94, or maybe a Reverend bass. Just let me know.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/669248658.html

-----------------------

Riiiiiight.....

Sure, I'll give you a 3000+ dollar USA made bass for a crappy chinese hunk of plywood!!!

Or would you rather have my limited edition, discontinued, super hard to find Reverend? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shoot, if I could find a USED 55-94 for TWICE the price of that upright, it'd probably be a good deal....

• Members

I don't think it's that unreasonable. Reverend basses sell used for less than $800, and the Lakland Skyline basses are the imports, not the USA models. They also sell in that ballpark on the used market.

• Moderators

oh, hahaha.... i didnt see skyline, just 55-94.

I suppose a used one could trade for that...

He tricked you since there is no Skyline 55-94, it is the Skyline 55-02, but I doubt he would list a selling price and then request a bass that sells used for double that. :thu:

• Members

He tricked you since there is no Skyline 55-94, it is the Skyline 55-02, but I doubt he would list a selling price and then request a bass that sells used for double that.
:thu:

Dang, that was close. I almost went out and bought a 55-94 to trade him with.

I guess I should read things more closely before I post entire threads about them.

As for the Reverend, personally, if I had one, I wouldnt give it up for a chinese upright, but I have trouble trading america for china.

korea MAYBE ;)

• Members

I sold my MIC upright for 2000.00

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

You rang? ;)

Seriously, guys, what's the big deal? He did say "or anything else". I have a wad of pocket lint that qualifies under that clause. (I'm guessing the seller isn't a lawyer.) :D

Archived