Two new pedals!

seraphim7s

• Members

(1) Just got an EHX Pulsar.

Once you tweak it right, it sounds pretty great! I was going for that sound Squire gets at the start of Starship Trooper. Unfortunately, for some reason it sometimes sends my VU WELL into the red and all I can hear is this low rumbling ... that's it ... so I check the battery ... and then it works again ... then when I turn it on again it's the same earthquake sound! What's going on?!

(2) Just got a Guyatone TZ2 'The Fuzz'

Haven't had chance to try it out yet (I will do when I'm home in a couple of hours) but I was intrigued by its low, low price (

• Members

I have this and I like it alot. Kind of a different, more sawtooth/less square fuzz. The 'octaver' claim you're referring to (that I've also read in the past) is really just the tone control sweeping through distorted overtones. You can kinda 'bring out' an octave that's already there in the fuzziness.

+1

I retired mine but thats only because to me it felt like it sucked tone too much. I still have it, so whenever I get around to getting moosapotamus to make me a paralooper it might come back out to play :)

Archived