New Pedal Day!

Mytola

• Members

Just got a new pedal in the mail! This is an ABY-box, with volume controls for each output as well. I wanted this to have a bit more of a flexible setup, and to have a bit more control over the levels. Big thanks to RSB, who hooked me up with Michael Hermes, who built the pedal for me. Michael is a very nice and helpful guy indeed! :thu:

Here is a pic of how the board looks like now. I am going to get a Red Witch Moon Phaser to fill the space to the left of the power supply, and then the board will be finished. (At least until I get some more GAS... you all know how that is...)

Signal path is: Bass > EBS MultiComp > EBS OctaBass > Custom ABY

Custom ABY A channel > EBS Microbass II channel A with a bit of bass and treble boost

Custom ABY B channel > EBS MultiDrive > EBS Microbass II channel B with a bit of mid boost

EBS Microbass II > Peterson Strobostomp II > Mixer/PA and amp.

The Moon Phaser is going to go in the FX loop of the microbass.

pedalbrett3editfs7.jpg

• Members

Yeah it's got passive volume controls for each, similar to the Boss LS-2.

Mine was the first public "prototype", and it's been awesome so far.

I'm thinking about getting him to build me a bigger one, more spread out, as my big ol feet sometimes have trouble hitting those tiny little knobs.

Glad it worked out for you man! Michael is a super cat indeed. :cool:

• Members

Bass-Drive.

Cool.

That's what I was using before my Analogman TS9DX, so I'll let you know.

And just FYI, that Ibby blew away the Fulltone, hands down.

I've heard great things about the HBE. And from their other pedals I have or have tried, my expectations will be fulfilled, easy.

• Members

Cool.

That's what I was using before my Analogman TS9DX, so I'll let you know.

And just FYI, that Ibby blew away the Fulltone, hands down.

I've heard great things about the HBE. And from their other pedals I have or have tried, my expectations will be fulfilled, easy.

Why the switch from TS-9DX to Hematoma? Just for more options?

EDIT: Should probably do this somewhere else so I don't mess up Mytolas thread. PM your way.

• Members

Why the switch from TS-9DX to Hematoma? Just for more options?

EDIT: Should probably do this somewhere else so I don't mess up Mytolas thread. PM your way.

Basically, yeah. If I kept the Ibby I was going to get a clean boost pedal anyhow, and this does both, so might as well try it out.

I should be getting it in today or tomorrow. I'll test it out and then shoot ya a PM back!

• Members

I want to know how that Moon Phaser works out for you! I'm very curious about the Red Witch stuff...but not curious enough to pay for it just yet.

I've been very excited about that one as well. Greg over at Rocketmusic tried it out quite extensively today before he sold me one, and he really loved it. I'm going to record some clips which probably are going to be put up on the Red Witch site. Ben Fulton (owner of Red Witch) liked the idea of having some clips of the pedal being used with bass on the site. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Bump for pedal-arrival!

Moon Phaser is in, and on the board. Damn, that thing sounds nice. It can be very subtle and natural, but when you run a octaver and overdrive in front of it: Synth mayhem! I'm really happy with it!

Here is an updated pic of the board:

pedalbrettferdig.jpg

• Members

That is a clean board my friend!

How is that switcher working out for you? I'm about to get him to build me another one, more like yours, and just get rid of the Master Bypass switch, and move the "volume" knobs further up. My feet hit those things all the time.

• Members

That is a
clean
board my friend!

How is that switcher working out for you? I'm about to get him to build me another one, more like yours, and just get rid of the Master Bypass switch, and move the "volume" knobs further up. My feet hit those things all the time.

Switcher is still great. Been through several gigs, and no complaints at all. Clean and dirt-blending is just so awesome! :thu:

Archived