Octave pedals

seraphim7s

• Members

Are there any non-mega-expensive (but still decent) octave pedals available, that track an octave ABOVE rather than below? Hopefully ones that actually track well, and don't sound like {censored}?

Tru-bypass essential :thu:

• Members

Are there any non-mega-expensive (but still decent) octave pedals available, that track an octave ABOVE rather than below? Hopefully ones that actually track well, and don't sound like {censored}?

Tru-bypass essential
:thu:

Eh the only one that I've seen that tracks above is the POG series from EHX, and they're sure as hell not true bypass!

• Members

And they're sure as hell not CHEAP. Even the micro POG is pricey as anything.

I wonder why it's not tru-bypass? It's not exactly pricey to make a pedal tru-bypass, is it?

AFAIK, all BIG Electro-Harmonix pedals that were manufactured in the past 4 or 5 years should be true-bypass. I own 5 EHX pedals (not the smaller versions though) and i can tell you that I have no signal loss when they are switched off (ie : I get the same tone then when the pedals aren't plugged in). Also, when the pedals are plugged in and switched off and that they aren't powered (no battery or power supply), my sound goes straight through.

Now, some people say that these pedals are still not true bypass when you open them and look at the circuity... but I tell you they act like true bypass pedals anyways.

That said, I haven't had the occasion to try the POG and it might be an exception...

Why not buy a pedal that does an octave below and just play higher notes ???

• Members

I have the POG, and its worth the expense. I can create sooo many different types of tones with it. It's more than a one-trick pony. Not sure if it's true bypass or not, but I'm never noticed any issues with tone loss/change, etc.

Archived