would a looper be what i'm looking for???

mlwarriner

• Members

i've got a pedal (thanks guttermouth) that i'd like to use. but. it's very un-useful most of the time, and the on/off switch is about as useless on a pedal as i've ever seen.

so. what i'd like to do is put it on a "side chain" from the rest of my board, and be able to run through it only when i want to actually use it. forgive my dumbassedness, but is this what a looper does?

• Members

yeah thats what a looper does . whats wrong with the switch?

the pedal began life as a danelectro shift daddy. the on/off switch for the pedal is just very poorly placed for being able to turn it off/on with your feet.

5b9c5959859ad8d9e11935db41fc9252.jpg

if you're looking at it from this angle, the on/off switch is on the upper-right corner of the pedal. and there's not one in the rocker.

• Members

i've got a pedal (thanks guttermouth) that i'd like to use. but. it's very un-useful most of the time, and the on/off switch is about as useless on a pedal as i've ever seen.

so. what i'd like to do is put it on a "side chain" from the rest of my board, and be able to run through it only when i want to actually use it. forgive my dumbassedness, but is this what a looper does?

yessir :

loopertop.jpg

that's one i just finished for myself so i can put my non tb modulation pedals in the loop and switch them all on and off with one switch.it has an opamp based unity gain buffer in it so the pedals in the loop don't load my signal down when they are in bypass and in the chain.

• Members

Hey GM, can you make me a looper pedal? I've been debating getting one, but don't know if I feel like waiting for one to popup for sale on TB (not to mention it won't be custom to my specifications). I'd like a 5 or 7 looper.

• Members

Hey GM, can you make me a looper pedal? I've been debating getting one, but don't know if I feel like waiting for one to popup for sale on TB (not to mention it won't be custom to my specifications). I'd like a 5 or 7 looper.

but of course mang - just shoot me an email and we'll figure out what you need :thu:

• Members

but of course mang - just shoot me an email and we'll figure out what you need
:thu:

I had no doubt, but figured I'd throw the idea out there for others to see and have confirmed :D

I'll send you a PM when I know what I want and we can discuss some options. :thu:

• Members

Is the Loooper made by a guy on TB? Trying to think of who you'd be talking about....

I had no doubt, but figured I'd throw the option out there for others to see and have confirmed
:D

I'll send you a PM when I know what I want and we can discuss some options.
:thu:

No. The guy who did the original Loooper doesn't make them anymore. Loopmaster does similar work w/out the expensive stuff like Lehle, Barge, etc..

But I had mine done by a member, but Ian can make it happen for ya. He's describing basically what I had made.

• Members

No. The guy who did the original Loooper doesn't make them anymore. Loopmaster does similar work w/out the expensive stuff like Lehle, Barge, etc..

But I had mine done by a member, but Ian can make it happen for ya. He's describing basically what I had made.

Whoops I knew that, Loopmaster was what I'd meant. Is there really much difference between those and pedals "with the expensive stuff"? I have a Barge custom blender, and a cheap A/B switcher, so I don't really have anything to A/B for comparison.

• Members

I honestly can't say. I'm not sure how much of a noticeable upgrade you can get for just a switching/bypass box... especially for what Lehle charges, good lord!

My custom one was like $40. My old Loooper was 50 or 60.

Archived