What's your favorite muscle car?

Armchair Bronco

• Members

That car is THE car that broke the $$ half-mil mark at auction. Never before or since...

Still, if money was no object and it was up for sale, that's the one I want!

$half mil?

Try $5 million for the super snake.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/w_search.aspx

There have been several $1 million + cars over the past few years.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bah, the only car in this entire thread that deserves any real automobile respect is the Cobra, the rest are overgrown, overweight, no suspending, no braking POS's! A car that can't go around a corner is not a car in my book. You win performance contests by cornering and braking, not just straight line horsepower. And, the latest crop of performance cars just obliterate these old ones in every category, drag strip and all. Give me all around power and performance and I'm happy, otherwise you can keep it. I don't drive to feel all 60's/70's nostalgic, I drive to feel real quality performance. And right now that means C5.:thu:

• Members
Bah, the only car in this entire thread that deserves any real automobile respect is the Cobra, the rest are overgrown, overweight, no suspending, no braking POS's! A car that can't go around a corner is not a car in my book. You win performance contests by cornering and braking, not just straight line horsepower. And, the latest crop of performance cars just obliterate these old ones in every category, drag strip and all. Give me all around power and performance and I'm happy, otherwise you can keep it. I don't drive to feel all 60's/70's nostalgic, I drive to feel real quality performance. And right now that means C5.
:thu:

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!

:rolleyes:

• Members
1970-chevrolet-camaro-1970-camaro.jpg

A friend in high school had a '70 Camaro. I've always loved the look...
:love:

That one is very nice.

I had this piece of {censored} but it was cool for the few months I had it.
I bought it with the intent of fixing it up and reselling it. I ended up just beating it into the ground then junking it.....Fun Times

72camero-1.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

1970 Mustang Boss 429. I owned a 1970 Mustang Mach I with a 351 Cleveland, but always wanted a Boss 429. The Mach I was so fast, it would push your eyeballs to the back of their sockets when it accelerated off the line. Too bad it couldn't turn or stop. :facepalm:

• Members
In red or white

800px-Pontiac_Firebird_Convertible.jpg

My first car was a '68 hardtop with a 350. awesome car. I bought it before I had a license and got busted a few times by my parents and friends of my parents driving it to school. who the hell could blame me?? That car was bad ass.

Someone stole it from a church parking lot where I used to keep it before I ever got a picture of it :mad:

Still had some good times in it though...

• Members

Bah, the only car in this entire thread that deserves any real automobile respect is the Cobra, the rest are overgrown, overweight, no suspending, no braking POS's! A car that can't go around a corner is not a car in my book. You win performance contests by cornering and braking, not just straight line horsepower. And, the latest crop of performance cars just obliterate these old ones in every category, drag strip and all. Give me all around power and performance and I'm happy, otherwise you can keep it. I don't drive to feel all 60's/70's nostalgic, I drive to feel real quality performance. And right now that means C5.
:thu:

:blah:

Way to miss the point of the thread.

• Members

Way to miss the point of the thread, and the cars in it.

He'd probably say that P-51's, Corsairs, Spitfires and ME-109's are garbage. After all, the FA-18 would fly circles around any of them. No appreciation for the classics... Don't even get me started about the L-1329. It hasn't been made in, what, 30 years or so? Just about anything made today in its class would completely own it. :cop:

• Members
He'd probably say that P-51's, Corsairs, Spitfires and ME-109's are garbage. After all, the FA-18 would fly circles around any of them. No appreciation for the classics... Don't even get me started about the L-1329. It hasn't been made in, what, 30 years or so? Just about anything made today in its class would completely own it.
:cop:

:D

Well done.

• Members

Way to miss the point of the thread, and the cars in it.

Of course a bunch of big-engined American iron is going to handle like crap. For the "performance contests" these sorts of cars were designed for, they did just fine. A little nostalgia never killed anyone.
:rolleyes:

Nah, I am well aware of what 'muscle cars' are all about. They're all about looks and being able to be called 'fast', which is ridiculous when you know what makes a car 'fast'. Nostalgia is fine, I have no problems with that, as long as things like these cars are remembered for what they really were, and weren't. Fast cars they weren't. I didn't say they weren't cool either, to those who really dig them. I don't see them as anything but poor designs and even poorer performance cars though. From a pure style perspective though things could be different, as long as their true abilities aren't exagerated into performance car legends.

• Members
1970 Mustang Boss 429. I owned a 1970 Mustang Mach I with a 351 Cleveland, but always wanted a Boss 429. The Mach I was so fast, it would push your eyeballs to the back of their sockets when it accelerated off the line. Too bad it couldn't turn or stop.
:facepalm:

I had a Mach I, but I had the big block & 4bbl in it.

Good thing gas was cheap at the time...

The only thing I couldn't pass was the gas station.

• Members
My first car was a '68 hardtop with a 350. awesome car. I bought it before I had a license and got busted a few times by my parents and friends of my parents driving it to school. who the hell could blame me?? That car was bad ass.

Someone stole it from a church parking lot where I used to keep it before I ever got a picture of it
:mad:

Still had some good times in it though...

Pretty! ANd that's coming from a 3rd gen. Ford guy.

But those low-pro Goodyears just don't fit.

• Members

What i LOVED about my Mustangs is that they were excellent road cars. And yet, had balls to the wall drag ability too.

Thank you, Mr. Iacocca. (Who also brought us the Pinto and Maverick).

And later, the 'K' car...

I guess there's more to being an auto-exec than meets the eye.

Archived