The Godflesh bass tone.

zesty brick

• Members

wow i haven't heard anyone mention god flesh since the early 90s .

i had the street cleaner on tape:)

cant help you with the question. but thanks for posting the 1st industrial band ever. IMO .

loved how it was two dudes and a drum machine

• Members

wow i haven't heard anyone mention god flesh since the early 90s .

i had the street cleaner on tape:)

cant help you with the question. but thanks for posting the 1st industrial band ever. IMO .

loved how it was two dudes and a drum machine

They are really the only industrial band i like, other industrial bands seem too clean, if that makes sense. Something about the Godflesh sound just can't be done by any one else.

• Members

Not bad at all. They are one of those bands that I had heard of but never actually heard before. I really really like that bass tone. I would love to know how to get something similar to that.
:rawk:

Well the only info i could dig up was that their bassist uses a Jazz bass with active pickups, he has an old Boss distortion pedal, and his amp EQ focuses on Bass and Hi Mids. He tunes in C.

If that helps.

• Members

Godflesh the first ever industrial band? I think not, but they had their day for sure.

My Godlfesh story... It was the mid 90's and they were playing a small club in Vancouver (Starfish Room). The openers were LOUD and obnoxious, one was Distortion Felix which featured Juan Alderete now of Mars Volta. So the crowd was hanging back a ways due to the volume.

Then Godflesh rolls out, the bassist had a t-bird (IIRC), 2 SVT's and fridges and they were dimed. The volume in that little club was so insane and the music so abrasive, the PA was distorting like a Mofo. The entire crowd is pinned against the back wall, most of which covering their ears.

A few songs in nobody, and I mean nobody has moved closer. So the singer gets mad and in some accent (German?) proclaims in this exact broken english.. "Godflesh travels thousands of miles to see you. Why you not come to see Godflesh. Come closer to see Godlfesh." Then they do a few more songs, and still no one has moved. By the end he's almost sad in his begging to get people closer. Nobody dared, you just couldn't get near the stage, it was painful. I think they ended their set early and did not do a single encore, they just got fed up and walked off.

Nobody cared either. They left the stage and the crowd just went home without saying a word.

Archived