Yamaha owners - show yourselves.

james on bass

• Members

first bass I ever played was a bottom line rbx, not a bad bass for what it was. At one time I had a bb300, it wasn't bad by any means, but wasn't anything exciting.

My most recent bass purchase was a bb414, I love it, it's got an enormous variety of tones. Great feeling bass , and it seems to be VERY well made

DSCF0294.jpg

• Members

Oh, I sold it last spring, in order to get the pedalboard, which I sold to get the fretless L2500... :p

The minimum basics are covered by the two excellent allrounders, the L2500 and the fretless L2500 (both tributes, but they are really awesome) now, so next thing on my shopping list is a pod X3 Live. After that's ready, I can start collecting basses. Attitude is the first bass I'll get. Now that I've got a job, I won't have to sell stuff all the time... :p

• Members

I've got a Broad Bass 1200 at the studio. i'll take a pic the next time i am there. I emailed yamaha about its age and they told me it was built in 77! the first year they were made. sounds great! thumps like a p but with deeper tones on the g and d strings and a tighter bottom. i think its cause of the reversed pickup. the description on the neck is just about dead on though... but id say its wider than a jazz.

• Members

My BB404 was my first bass (on the right below, sorry, I don't have a pic of it by itself):

Picture002.jpg

It was a good value, I bought it used. But it gets played little today because my Rondo purchases (some of which make up the rest of that pic) have more tonal character, and some of them are modded more to my specific liking.

Archived