Acoustic B200H

james on bass

• Members

Who's got one? I know Willsellout had one, but then, he's had a lot recently. :p

Does a 200W amp hold it's own for live work with 2 cabinets? Obviously any club of considerable size has the bass going through the mains. I saw a couple posts on TB and one guy there said it had not near enough power.

• Members

I bought one, and still have it:eek::eek:

although it sits in my garage going unused since I got the Fusion. I thought it was a great amp, and still do, but I can't imaging playing anything but the Fusion.

The Acoustic is LOUD. It can hold it's own in a live context for sure.

Dan

• Members

I bought one, and still have it:eek:
:eek:

although it sits in my garage going unused since I got the Fusion. I thought it was a great amp, and still do, but I can't imaging playing anything but the Fusion.

The Acoustic is LOUD. It can hold it's own in a live context for sure.

Dan

That's what I figured because the B100 seemed loud enough to rehearse with, IMO.

I gotta hear me that Fusion head.

• Members
Well, how'd rehearsal go?

Well, it was plenty loud. I didn't have to go past the 10 o'clock mark. But I couldn't seem to find a good useable tone. Now bear in mind I play with a pick and have a hard time getting a good tone with anything. The sound there sucks no matter what I use too. Lots of overtones and washed out frequencies. It just didn't seem to like the Dr. Bass. I got a decent sound with my GK 700RB but the Acoustic just seemed lost. It sounds great with my other band through a GB NEOX-210T. But it's a different environment and we don't play as loud there either. I don't know what to tell you except I'll either be going back to my GK or finding something else. But give it a try. You really can't loose if you can return it. Or buy used and resell it.

• Members

Well, it was plenty loud. I didn't have to go past the 10 o'clock mark. But I couldn't seem to find a good useable tone. Now bear in mind I play with a pick and have a hard time getting a good tone with anything. The sound there sucks no matter what I use too. Lots of overtones and washed out frequencies. It just didn't seem to like the Dr. Bass. I got a decent sound with my GK 700RB but the Acoustic just seemed lost. It sounds great with my other band through a GB NEOX-210T. But it's a different environment and we don't play as loud there either. I don't know what to tell you except I'll either be going back to my GB or finding something else. But give it a try. You really can't loose if you can return it. Or buy used and resell it.

Hmmm. I don't know if it's worth looking into further. They do not have a distributor for Canada. I'd have to have it shipped to a friend in Michigan, then brought over the border so it would not be practical to return should I find I don't like it.

• Members

Hmmm. I don't know if it's worth looking into further. They do not have a distributor for Canada. I'd have to have it shipped to a friend in Michigan, then brought over the border so it would not be practical to return should I find I don't like it.

id buy it off u if u dont like it:wave:

Archived