going to heavier strings....

Avalanchemaster

• Members

well I put some heavies on my 4stringer (50-70-90-110; DR Highbeams)for the first time and boy is it ever tough! I played for about an hour and my entire forearm is sore now from the workout. Is it possible to get tendonitis from this activity? I suppose I should stretch before and after and not overdo it.... otherwise, I figure it is a great way to workout my fingers so that when I move to lighter strings, I can just fly across them! also I suppose it is necessary to re-intonate the thing, right? probably a truss-rod and saddle adjustment, right?

thoughts?

• Members

c#? you can get the string that low without it being difficult to tune?

Yeah, C#. I don't have it tuned that way presently. It was with Roto 50-110 flats, seriously high tension. It was unplayable at E, so went to Eb, still to high... D... too high, C# and we had a winner. It buzzed too much at C, but C# was just right. Then I took them off because I need the fretless tuned to E for now. :rolleyes:

I may put them on the P bass when I finish reassembling it. I have my Strat tuned to C# (13-60's) as is, so they'd be nicely paired together.

Archived