Harley Benton six string versus Shine six string

Annoying Twit

• Members

I've never heard of those brands, but I'm guessing they are probably budget instruments, right? If so, they could be made by the exact same manufacturer. A lot of guitar manufacturers (mainly Asian) build generic instruments and sell them to different retailers who put their own brand name on them. This is probably the case here.

• Members

I've never heard of those brands, but I'm guessing they are probably budget instruments, right? If so, they could be made by the exact same manufacturer. A lot of guitar manufacturers (mainly Asian) build generic instruments and sell them to different retailers who put their own brand name on them. This is probably the case here.

Yeah, they'll be coming off the same production line. "Harley Benton" is the house brand of a large European music retailer, and "Shine" is the own-brand name of one of the big Korean OEMs.

I wonder if they are any good. I'd kinda like to have a 6 but I wouldn't play it enough to justify the price unless it was one of these.

• Members

I wonder if they are any good. I'd kinda like to have a 6 but I wouldn't play it enough to justify the price unless it was one of these.

I'm very interested in the Harley Benton.

http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=29448&view=findpost&p=305662

The Harley Benton..IMHO is a really cracking bass..I bought it to see if I could get along with a 6'er. It played/sounded great right out of the box,very versatile tonally too. I think I paid

• Members

Thomann have a flexible return policy. But I've heard the downside of this is that not infrequently when buying from Thomann, you receive goods that someone else has tried and returned.

I had this problem when I tried to buy a Martin OM-21 from Thomann. They sent one that was not only tried/returned, but had clearly been returned because the neck was damaged. And it took 4 months to get a refund! :mad:

• Members

The HBB-600 is very popular as a beginner/poorman 6 string bass.

Strings feel floppy and are very close to each other, electronics are noisy but for the price you pay it sounds and plays more than decently.

Typically, people set it up very low for tapping.

• Members

Edit: How would you compare the Douglas (Shine, Harley Benton) to your Brice Z6?

Believe it or not, my Douglas is my main 6er. I like active the tone better (I can't turn the pre on the Douglas off), and I like the closer spacing of the Douglas. The Z is a 35 inch scale, but the Douglas B is not appreciably floppier. I love my Douglas WOB826! :love:

Don't misunderstand, the Z6 is a better bass, but it needs a better pre.

Archived