My Squier and me like Rubbermaid! we were in a wreak!

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

It happened about 2:50 AM Thursday morning,I left the club (play bass and sing karaoke) and then went to Walmart for last min. Thanksgiving stuff, and then when I was on the way home, I was sitting at a red light, and looked in my rear view mirror, then out of nowhere I saw a pickup truck coming. I didn't have time to react..he slammed the {censored} outta my van pushing me into the intersection. He hit me so hard that I (thank God I wore seatbelt) went forward and hit the steering wheel with my knees and then back so hard, it bent my seat back perm. (see picture). The asshole got out, hollared at me if I was ok..I was like "hell no I am not okay! My van is {censored}ed up now!!" I was fumbling for my cell phone to call help, I couldn't dial, I was shaking so much. I hit a number and it was my boyfriend's. He is the bass player and DJ/KJ at the club I just left (plays guitar on karaoke nights), and lived closest to where I was wreaked. He came right away. I called 911 too. The man who hit my van took off. Probably drunk..anyways, while waiting for help to arrive, I reached back to the back seat and felt for my bass..I had her laid on my back seat and covered with blankets. I had her lying with strings faced up, and so I am used to feeling that one top part of the bass. I didn't feel it, I nearly screamed thinking she was ruined.:facepalm::cry::cry: When my boyfriend came, he checked and lo and behold, she had just flipped over-strings facing down! :freak:

I couldn't start the van b/c of that safety mechanism switch, so it had to be towed. The thing that is, I had JUST took it off of full coverage like two mths ago (only had liability), to save money..but the uninsured motorist covered it b/c it was a hit and run, so I lucked up!

I am probaby gonna go to get checked cause I still have muscle spasms..I was worse tho..had minor whiplash and was more stiff. Thank God I am alive!

Here are a few pics of what my van ended up looking like.

untitled-2.jpg

wreck.jpg

still3.jpg[img]

Archived