Worship Team Needs A Bass Amp

Christopher Kai

• Members

Why not ask the bass players that will be playing this amp what they think? My church bought this combo before I started playing there:

R1015.jpg

I've never liked that thing and ended buying my own combo that I cart back and forth every time I play. If they would've asked me, I could've recommended something better that would suit the style, room, and volume needs better.

• Members

+ 1 on asking the bass players. However, my old church bought a Fender 400Pro 210 the first year they came out, and I ended up liking it so much I now use the 800 Pro head in my main rig. Probbaly would have never tried a Fender bass amp myself, but using it there convinced me. YMMV, of course :)

• Members
I'm a worship leader and need a bass amp for our worship team that would serve these purposes:

Ampeg BA-112 will work perfect, but you will need to run it through the PA. Price: $230-$280. I have used mine in church for 4 years.

• Members

Why not ask the bass players that will be playing this amp what they think?

The acoustics in most churches sucks big time, I'm not sure that he'd get a better answer by going to his bass players. Keep in mind also that much of the time, the position of a church musician is a revolving door so the players that he has now aren't necessarily the players that he'll have a year from now. Plus, if the players don't like what he buys, they'll probably be more than welcome to haul their own rigs in and use them -- no way he's going to be able to give everyone their ideal solution. Having played in quite a few churches, having a BA115/112/210 on site is an extreme luxury compared to some of the stuff that's been made available to me.

And don't forget, he *is* asking bass players, just not his. ;)

• Members

The acoustics in most churches sucks big time, I'm not sure that he'd get a better answer by going to his bass players. Keep in mind also that much of the time, the position of a church musician is a revolving door so the players that he has now aren't necessarily the players that he'll have a year from now. Plus, if the players don't like what he buys, they'll probably be more than welcome to haul their own rigs in and use them -- no way he's going to be able to give everyone their ideal solution. Having played in quite a few churches, having a BA115/112/210 on site is an extreme luxury compared to some of the stuff that's been made available to me.

And don't forget, he *is* asking bass players, just not his.
;)

True many cases unless a pro is hired the church has someone like me. A musician who is probably not a bass player who is asked to step in. In my case there was the Ampeg amp metioned above and a First Act bass used to teach the kids.

• Members

And don't forget, he *is* asking bass players, just not his.
;)

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thu:

Archived