Guitarist needs bass amp help

owlsliveintrees

• Members

Hi folks...I've never posted in the bass forum so than you in advance for indulging me...

So apparently my band is about to get some gigs...apparently...so we need a bass amp. One that can play a medium sized club, and keep up with my deluxe reverb and our loud drummer. We had access to this gigantic head and 4x10 monster but we don't anymore.

We plan on using some sort of tone shaping device, POD or Digitech or equivlent, so I take it we don't need some sort of tone machine. Just something that can be had for less than 500 and can be loud. And reliable.

Sorry but me and my bassist know nothing about this stuff. He has become a nasty bassist in the span of like 4 months but he's not techie and I can't tell how people define "power" on the user reviews...

thanks guys.

• Members

Acoustic 200H and 410 cab should do it.
:thu:

Sounds like a good suggestion to me. I believe Yorkville has some 200 watt combos in that price range, which would be worth looking at.

200 watts is a pretty safe bet power-wise. 100 watts may be sufficient, but that will probably depend a lot on the specific amp you're dealing with.

• Members

I bought a Laney combo, and I think it would manage a mid-sized club(whatever that is). I've already tested it in a small club(but we have e-drums so totally different story probably). Had I the money, I'd be looking into a Hartke 3500 + 4x10XL. Or maybe a Warwick Profet3.2 and a decent cab. Or if I was rich enough a Genz Benz. Oh man.. you made me drool on my keyboard...

Archived