poomwah

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh my god guys... here I was wondering if I was going to have to start calling the guy at work (I know which car dealer he works for) and he calls me. Apologizing profusely, swearing he didn't know there was anything wrong with it. That he didn't use the pots for the horns, so he didnt know they were scratch, and he always played at low volume, so he didn't know about the distortion.

Anyway, he said to find a comparable speaker, send him a link and he'll order it and have it shipped to me. can you believe it?

• Moderators
It's also cheaper than the LF.

The 2515 II is $135 and the 3015 is $145.

:thu:

I've used both the LF and nonLF in a 1x15 with the mid disconnected and I definitely think the nonLF is the way to go in that case. It also handles smaller boxes better (3.1 cf is about ideal) and I'd expect the Avatar isn't huge.

• Members

I think I'll send him the link to the deltalite... not the best choice... BUT, it is the only honest way to go... I only have 50 dollars... and the only reason I have that is because he paid me that for the driver he dropped. So if i cut into that money to get a better driver for the 15, I won't have money for the 10. I know I know, I make everything complicated, LOL.

• Members

The Kappa 15LF will give you better low end than the Deltalite. IIRC, the Deltalite in that box yields a less than impressive low response, but makes up for it with a sweet low mid hump that makes the driver seem even louder than it already is.

Personally, I'd save up for the Kappalite 3015LF + mid combo or at the very least, a 3015.

• Members

well, I left it up to him whether he wants to buy the deltalite and send it to me, or send me the money for the speaker, and I can kick in the extra 10 and order it myself.

I may as well kick in some of the money I have for the 10 inch since I'm having quite a time finding one that's not going to cost an arm and a leg.

Archived