GIGSPAM: Houston

venturawest

• Members

houston locals,

my new cover band is playing at bourbon street sports bar in katy, about 20 miles west of houston on I-10. Friday night 1/30/2009, 9:30 pm to 2:00 am. since i don't know a soul in houston, come hang out and get drunk with me and make fun of my awful playing. i could use the company.

http://www.bourbonstreetsportsbar.com/

• Members

I have a gig tomorrow night in Dallas (actually northEAST of friggin' Plano!) otherwise I'd make my band come out.

But keep up w/ the gigspams man- we're sure to cross paths here soon! :D We're about a month away from our regularly gigging schedule. :)

• Members

reagan, what the {censored}!!!! are you playing Love and War or hanks? ...and no PM.

out with it, accountant!

Nah it's for some all-day festival thing.

I honestly don't know much about it... I just got the address at midnight last night! I just know we're playing at 7 and I have to be there at 3. :)

It's for one of the original acts I still play for. HOPEFULLY we can get my cover band up to the Big D sometime, but I know they're not as keen on cover stuff as Houston, but that depends on where you play too.

• Members

I take it that you arent advertising this to get people to come? If you want me to show, let me know the details adn I will do my best. It'd be great to catch up.

Yeah it's for some college thing man. I don't think it's like an "invite" type deal, or I'd have you come out no questions asked!

I don't think it's a "private party", per se, but it's not like open to the public, if that makes sense.

But we do the FtW/Dallas thing every few months, and this is the first that hasn't been like at a club or bar, so you'll be the first to know mang. :thu: I think we're playing in February up there in the 2nd half of the month. I'll get you details as they arrive.

With this band, it's like a call on Monday "Hey reag, we have a show on Thurs/Fri/Sat, can you be there?" and I have to coordinate that w/ work and everything.

I learned it's in Commerce, too... wherever the hell that is! :)

• Members

+100. Not alot there but like he said some gorgeous cowgirls out there.:eek: You will have to let me know when you play Dallas area also. I will come check you guys out if I do not have a show.:thu:

2 hours east from Plano. there's nothing but A&M Commerce there...and hot chicks. Manja!

• Members

Cool! Hope i see some of you guys tonight...or next time!

I think we're loading in around 7:00ish, playing from 9:30-1:30, three sets, 13-14 songs each set.

Let's get druuuunk and have fun!

Sounded great! Love that Spector, and the Genz Benz sounded nice too!

Nice to meet you man! You were a gracious host, thanks for the onstage call out!

I got drunk, hope you had fun!

Gimmie a call!

Archived