Carvin R600 Redline - why the hate?

maddmannmatt

• Members

I didn't care for the sound of the R600 I had and returned it in short order. It had way too much going on and had too little headroom. Customer service was good. I wouldn't ever consider buying a Carvin head again, especially with all the incredible heads out nowadays. I know some people say the new stuff is great, but I can't imagine they could hold their own against the new heads from GB, Markbass and GK, as well as several other manufacturers.

Dan

• Members

I didn't care for the sound of the R600 I had and returned it in short order. It had way too much going on and had too little headroom. Customer service was good. I wouldn't ever consider buying a Carvin head again, especially with all the incredible heads out nowadays. I know some people say the new stuff is great, but I can't imagine they could hold their own against the new heads from GB, Markbass and GK, as well as several other manufacturers.

Dan

Well if you show up to Bassman's house Saturday we can go head to head, your Fusion vs my BX1200, winner take all!!

Ok you might like the way yours sounds better but you'll see what I'm talking about when I tell you it's a great amp, regardless of price.

I still haven't tried BRIDGE mono mode yet, which provides the most power. Maybe I'll try that at Bassman's house too.

• Members

Not to be a jerk or anything, but why then do we have a User Reviews section up here?
:confused:

In a perfect world, yeah I would fly right over to where one was (mind you this is not a new amp and they don't make them anymore so I'd actually have to FIND one first
:facepalm:
) and play the livin fooboo outta it before I dropped any money on one.

Alas none of the above is going to happen. Therefore I rely on the well-intentioned opinions of the people who have actually experienced this unit. So far they have given me good information. I may even just spring for a brand spanking new BX1200 this week since I can get a trade up discount as well as a $100 instant rebate right now.

So to all who participated here: THANKS!!!
:thu:

so how does the trade up deal work?

• Members

Well if you show up to Bassman's house Saturday we can go head to head, your Fusion vs my BX1200, winner take all!!

Ok you might like the way yours sounds better but you'll see what I'm talking about when I tell you it's a great amp, regardless of price.

I still haven't tried BRIDGE mono mode yet, which provides the most power. Maybe I'll try that at Bassman's house too.

I'd love to, and if I was closer I would. I'd be interested to see how the GK stacks up to an amp over twice the wattage:D. I definitely couldn't see anything sounding better than the GK, but I wouldn't rule anything out.

Archived