More New Gear (who needs zoloft?)

Phantasm

• Members

Well, I suppose as consolation to myself for the seemingly imminent demise of my longest tenured band on Feb. 20th, I have put together a nice little shopping spree this week.

First up is a copy of Les Claypool's Carl Thompson:

done6.jpg

done7.jpg

done1.jpg

This thing is darn fun to play. Great fingerstyle and slap bass, and of course, Primus songs seem to erupt from it with less effort!

I also bought one of these (it arrives tomorrow) just because it looked neat:

trilogic_03.jpg

This is all to prove that yes, depression is ugly but it can be reduced with cool new gear.

• Members

Sweet gear! I can see the super-small radius of the neck just from those pics. If it were larger, I'd hit it
:)

It has a flattened C shape, and it's the first bass I've played that has one. It's been surprisingly comfortable so far.

It has like 28 frets also... the last few frets after 24 are on a piece of the fretboard that is removable to access the truss rod.

• Members

That's crazy... In the first pic, it seriously looks curved. My Rudy Sarzo bass was like that, played nice, fast, and smooth, but the damn fretboard was round and not flat (which I prefer).

Whoops, I thought you meant the neck... it is flatted C. the fretboard is radiused.

• Members

How do you remove it? Can you just take it in and put it out without taking the strings off (or at least slackening them)?

It's held on by magnets. I can remove it without removing the strings. The electronics cover plate is the same way, and I've got an Eshenbaugh bass that has a magnetic control cover also.

Archived