Bass Rig Question??

Stratmaster

• Members

Can you run a Bass Preamp such as a BBE BMax or a Sansamp RBI which only has one output into more then one channel on a poweramp to run 2 cabs? Such as a Crown XLS 202 that is rated at 200 @ 8 ohms per channel running a GK-BLX 410 @ 8 ohms and a GK-BLX 115 @ 8 Ohms? from each of the power amp channels?

and how would you do this just a Y cable or some other kindda thing?

Thanks for the help in advance.

• Moderators

Many power amps have the ability to parallel the inputs, thus plugging into one input sends an identical signal to both sides of the amp. If not, a splitter or Y-cable works as well.

I don't believe you can parallel the inputs on that particular amp.

• Members

Thanks Kindness,

I dont think the amp has the ability to do that but a XLR splitter cable is pretty cheap I think I will just go that route.

Thanks again for your help

Behrenger has a little single in two and three out splitter that has preamps built in so you don't lose any signal strength. You might try one of those MF has them pretty cheap.

• Members

One problem you might run into, particularly with the SansAmp, is the sensitivity level of the power amp. Many need more input signal than the preamp is able to send. Splitting your output signal with an XLR splitter will only make things worse.

• Members

One problem you might run into, particularly with the SansAmp, is the sensitivity level of the power amp. Many need more input signal than the preamp is able to send. Splitting your output signal with an XLR splitter will only make things worse.

I use a Sansamp and I don't have to deal with that issue, but there is a button on the back that I think is for when there's less power avaibale or something. Again I don't know for sure if it applies to this situation.

Archived