WOT: Principal for a week...

Thumper

• Members

My school district superintendent asked me to fill as as acting principal this week. I don't get any extra money, and I'm out of my class room for a week. :(

The upside is there are two teachers here who have admin endorsements (I do not), and I was picked over them.

They're both livid---which is fine, 'cos they're both PITAs... :)

• Members

My school district superintendent asked me to fill as as acting principal this week. I don't get any extra money, and I'm out of my class room for a week.
:(

The upside is there are two teachers here who have admin endorsements (I do not), and I was picked over them.

They're both livid---which is fine, 'cos they're both PITAs...
:)

Tell those other two teachers to respect your authoritah!!!

• Members

I did that for a year and a half, not to mention taking over when the principal had hip replacement and later back surgery. I told the Super that I never wanted to be Principal again! :poke: Lots of responsibilities, little pay, and lots of responsibilities.

You'll do fine.

• Members

Well I for one, am certainly glad to hear that, it's about time you put in a real day's work. You teachers are way over-paid for what you do. :poke:
:p

:D

If any hing, I'm working less.

My usual duties:

Two periods of AP Brit Lit in the main high school.

Six periods of core subjects in my Secure Intensive Treatment Program classroom.

Site council member.

Wellness committee member.

Facilities safety committee member.

School safety committee chair.

College lab supervisor.

I spent my first afternoon as principal drinking coffee and roaming the halls, shooting the breeze with staff and students. :D

• Members

My school district superintendent asked me to fill as as acting principal this week. I don't get any extra money, and I'm out of my class room for a week.

They're both livid---which is fine, 'cos they're both PITAs...
:)

Rock rock rock rock rock rock'n roll high school!!

rock-n-roll-high-school.jpg

• Members

Aren't you teachers in a union? Don't you get "acting principal" pay or something? That's how the Teamsters do it anyway...

Nope. :(

I would if I were on a Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) gig, and If I had an Admin license. I lack both, therefor I get to slog along as usual.

It's a nice break in the routine, though. My grades are in, I've briefed my sub teacher, and I get to be the Acting Adult for a couple days.

My first edicts:

Jeans are OK this Friday (grading day, no student contact).

Once your grades are in, go home.

I'm buying the donuts.

It's Good to be King.

• Members

Yep.

Nope.

I would if I were on a Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) gig, and If I had an Admin license. I lack both, therefor I get to slog along as usual.

Let me see... The two rectums with the admin license didn't get the job ?

I wonder why.

:p

Archived