Sibelius Thread.

ToeJamFootball

• Members

I am just writing a Lead Sheet, I have worked out how to put in chords above the bars. I would like to just have the name of the chord though, not the diagram.

I had a look in the Reference PDF, but it doesn't look like it can be done. Surely though it can?

Anyone able to help me out?

EDIT: I am currently scanning the Sibelius Forum, probably sign up soon too.

EDIT: I figured it out, good old trial and error!

Let's just make this the Sibelius thread then shall we?? :D

Anyone here use Sibelius?

• Members

I love Sibelius! I've been using it since Sibelius 3 and it just keeps getting better. I used it throughout music school for tons of assignments and I've never stopped using it since!

I'm writing a film score right now for a local independent artist and I'm writing everything in Sibelius and then bouncing it over to Logic for sequencing. It would be much for straightforward to compose right in Logic, but it's score editor SUCKS compared to Sibelius.

• Members

Yeah, by all means PM me if you have questions about it.

I actually just got a keyboard controller last week, but I have yet to use it with Sibelius because I'm so familiar with the keypad shortcuts.

Sibelius 5 has a great option that re-maps the key commands for laptop users who don't have a separate number pad. It works great! And the 'movie' function has been very helpful in scoring this film!

• Members

My music technology class uses sibelius twice a week

I downloaded his sheet music and transcribed it on sibelius. I dropped it an octave, but it can't be played properly without a 5 string, unless you play with the octaves.

I can scan the sheet music, or if you can wait until wednesday I can upload the sibelius file

• Members

My music technology class uses sibelius twice a week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkZMlP7SRKk

I downloaded his sheet music and transcribed it on sibelius. I dropped it an octave, but it can't be played properly without a 5 string, unless you play with the octaves.

I can scan the sheet music, or if you can wait until wednesday I can upload the sibelius file

Wow, this is awesome. It hadn't occurred to me to use Sibelius like this yet. I have just been writing Chord charts/lead sheets for uni....

Thanks for the link man!

EDIT: I think I will try my shot at putting his linked sheet music into Sibelius. If by Wednesday I have still failed miserably I'll let you know. Cool Avatar btw love that album :thu:

• Members

Thanks, I always thought it looked like a baby camel.

You're going to type in all the notes one by one? It can get pretty tiresome, I had to stop every 10 minutes to play solitare :bor:

I can scan it and send you a pdf if you want, I think sibelius can read music if if you use a scanner. Some plug in I think

• Members
Thanks, I always thought it looked like a baby camel.

You're going to type in all the notes one by one? It can get pretty tiresome, I had to stop every 10 minutes to play solitare
:bor:

I can scan it and send you a pdf if you want, I think sibelius can read music if if you use a scanner. Some plug in I think

I just got the PDF from the guy on youtube. I just need to get the plugin to scan it in.That guy nails YYZ...

• Members

I just got the PDF from the guy on youtube. I just need to get the plugin to scan it in.

That guy nails YYZ...

Yeah he's got some great chops, cool hair too

So you'll have a sibelius file just like that? I think I wasted 2 hours of my life :facepalm::p

• Members

Is Finale free? I need a notation program..running out of pencils and staff paper and getting sick of erasing {censored}
:D

Finale Notepad used to be a free download. It is pretty useless though, the version I have seen (07 or 08 I believe) wouldn't allow you to change the time sig. :freak:

Check your PMs.

• 4 months later...

Archived