traynor amps..

Mr.Mow

• Members

I'm really interested in the YBA200, as usual, being at the arse end of the planet no one can tell me anything.. I notice they sell new on ebay for like $650US.. But.. we are 240V, are the Traynors selectable voltage?

• Members

I was checking their site, and took a look at mine. The manual they have posted looks like there's either a switch, or that it's built one way or the other, and either way, labeled as shown shows both 220/50 and 110/60. But mine has only the 110/60 label and no ability to switch it.

• Members

I'm really interested in the YBA200, as usual, being at the arse end of the planet no one can tell me anything.. I notice they sell new on ebay for like $650US.. But.. we are 240V, are the Traynors selectable voltage?

Althought I don't know, I would be surprised if there wasn't a 240v tap on the transformer...

- georgestrings

• Members

I was checking their site, and took a look at mine. The manual they have posted looks like there's either a switch, or that it's built one way or the other, and either way, labeled as shown shows both 220/50 and 110/60. But mine has only the 110/60 label and no ability to switch it.

You happy with yours?

It seems to be ticking a lot of boxes for me.. valve, cheapish and 'vintage' looking (hey, I gotta live with the damn thing in my house!), 200w valve should be more than enough for anything I'd ever need.

• Members

Yeah, I like it. Then again, I have it sitting on top a Mesa 210+115. Which helps. It's a little on the bright side as amps go, and no "deep" switch, which I think it could use. However, I like it a lot. And it gets a lot of gritty sound past 5 on the gain. Especially with actives or hot passives. Keep in mind, the EQ is all passive on the front end, meaning 10 is max, with cut only, no boost, and "flat" is with all tones dimed. But, I start as flat with all tones at 5, then I can go up or down with them. I've been pretty pleased.

Archived