SAUNDERS custom guitars/basses

GGEOO

• Members

Does anyone have any info on Saunders Custom Guitars? The only thing I know is that they made 3 bass models; Cougar, DC-111, Maverick from 1986-92, but I've never seen them (played or in pics). I recently got a very nice maple w/skunk stripe/rosewood fretted fingerboard Saunders P-bass like neck with an odd/unique headstock that has Saunders in bold oversized black lettering on it. The people I bought it from had no info about it. It was new/never installed, is nicely crafted and it plays like a dream! Would appreciate if anyone knows of this strange animal. (as in, who is Saunders, where made, pics etc) Thanks.

• Members

I got it on ebay for $60 which is a steal considering it's quality. I'd put it up against a nice vintage Fender neck for the way it feels. The info (models/dates- on a blue book type site) was the only thing I could fine when I Googled it. It has a (high) serial# (?) stamped on the back of the butt, a 6000 #. If there were over 6K of them made you'd think they would have more visibility.

• Members

I got it on ebay for $60 which is a steal considering it's quality. I'd put it up against a nice vintage Fender neck for the way it feels. The info (models/dates- on a blue book type site) was the only thing I could fine when I Googled it. It has a (high) serial# (?) stamped on the back of the butt, a 6000 #. If there were over 6K of them made you'd think they would have more visibility.

Pics!

Archived