Question for those in bands that play fests

Thunderbroom

• Members

Down a little. The one in smalltown has suffered over the past three years or so and many bands were "invited to play for the public" meaning "no pay." We passed.

Other bigtown lost some $30k in their outdoor festival last year, largely because of the weather. Bookings are down this year, and so far we haven't been booked back.

But, I have one this weekend and another one two weeks later, in south Louisiana.

• Members

We're even playing places for free...just to play. For instance, we'll be playing at Six Flags Great America this Summer. It will be five 30 minute sets over about 5 or 6 hours. We figured it could be good PR. Worse case, we get free passes to the park and can have some fun that evening.

• Members

I think it's a bit late for Summer booking at some of the better venues and fests, but we have some pretty solid parties and benefits coming up this Summer. I can't complain...yet...
:D

We started booking stuff for the Summer in November.

One of the town's that we place twice each year (and the site of our best gig of the year last year) still hasn't gotten back to us. We were told to contact them again in about a week. They said there's a lot going on the the village and I believe they are dealing with elections either this or next week. Here's hoping.

• Members

We started booking stuff for the Summer in November.

I totally understand. I just joined my band in mid to late January. Then we were informed a couple weeks ago that our drummer is moving to Chicago. I think we've settled on a new drummer, but now we have to get him up-to-speed (won't take long, he's good), then we have to get our promo kit updated. We aren't really ready to talk to the better venues until the promo kit is updated and professional. At least we'll be able to start contacting those venues early for next year.

• Members

:(

Out here it's not so much festivals, but cities doing what they call their summer concert series. Many of the cities have cut back and shortened their season. The result, July (13 shows) and August (11) are busy, compared to a June-August season in the past. Also, cities that paid $1500 last year are paying $1000 this year.

Archived