Ibanez Blazer

Tmichael

• Members

Hmmm, I'm in a experimental/progressive type band; I will also be running it through a big muff, so if it's dirty I don't mind that.

The thing I'm most concerned about is how much low-end it kicks out, I want a lot of lows...

• Members
Hmmm, I'm in a experimental/progressive type band; I will also be running it through a big muff, so if it's dirty I don't mind that.

The thing I'm most concerned about is how much low-end it kicks out, I want a lot of lows...

I'd leave the low end up to the Rig ;)

• Members

Yeah. Speaking of the rig! I'm in the process of working on a nice little setup with Don at LDS. I've been wanting more of a vintage sound, and was wondering what some tube amp options might be that pump it out?

I'm not using the bass Big Muff, so thanks for letting me know that, I'll be more selective of when I kick it on..

• Members

I'm about to spend some money on one I found use. It's only $175. I wanted to know if anyone who owns or has played one can tell me about it's tone??

I know it's a heavy piece of wood, that's about it.

I love my Blazer. Standard P-bass single pick-up with volume and tone control adjustment. I also have a P-bass and the Blazer has a more trebly tone (but still has a nice bottom end, due no doubt in part to the solid ash body.

John

• Members

Hey! So I've got the bass, and I've tested it out. I love the simplicity of the design. I also love the balance from the lows to the highs.

I was wondering what year mine might be though? It has no double stripes where it says Ibanez on the headstock, it also only has one pickup. I'm pretty sure it's made in the 1980.., the serial number starts with K80..

Is there a big difference in the tone of this Blazer and the ones that came later?? If so, which is better??

• Members

I got mine in '78?

Still have it. Really good P tone in stock form.

With a Leo Quan Badass III, strings through the body, Reverend pickups, and La Bella Flats it is awesome sounding.:thu:

Too bad I only play 5'ers now.

• Members

Yeah, that's right. Yours is made in November 1980 then. Mine is a 1981.

From ibanezrules.com :

1975 - Present, This old style serial number will either be on the neck plate or impressed into the back of the headstock. It consists of a letter, A - L, followed by a 6 digit number. The letter stands for the month, A for January etc., the first 2 digits will be the year, 76 is 1976, 96 is 1996, the last 4 digits will be the consecutive production number for that months production, 1356 would be the 1356th guitar produced that month. This form of serial numbering is still used today on guitars where the number is impressed into the back of the headstock. A761356 - The 1356th guitar produced in January '76

Archived