Case/Gig Bag suggestions

RIC N BACKER

• Members

I have an Epiphone Thunderbird that I need either a Harshell case for or a good Gig Bag.

Who has the Epiphone Tbird Hardshell case and is is made well?

Anyone have the MF Elite Gig bag? How is it?

Also, I am looking for some new strings. Whats the difference between Nickle and Stainless besides the obvious?

thanks

Oh yea...I have a like new in box Dunlop original crybaby Wah I bought a few years ago. Used it 3-6 times when I was thinking about playing guitar. Been sitting in the box ever since. I am looking to sell it.

What should I ask $60??

• Members

If I was buying a case today, I'd seriously consider a lightweight "hard" case. I have no idea if the T-bird would fit, though...

I think there are a few others in that same price range.

tbirds are WAY longer than a normal bass, a normal bass is shown there as barely fitting. Move along, that won't cut it.

• Members

Where might that be and do they sell to the public?

Ritter should be available in the US, don't ask me where I only work for the Canadian distributor, sorry. Same for the cases, its a major manufacturer, but we only ship to Cdn stores, so no access to who/where US dealers are for the brand.

The brand that makes them makes Gibson's cases for them too (full line, not just tbird), I am sure they are in stores, but sadly, can't help you on that one either. But I do know that they have a specific case for tbirds and it's the longest one in the catalog. Explorer shaped guitars fit in a standard rectangular bass case, but only a tbird case will fit one of them.

• Members

I use one of
these
for my tbird. It's a little tight, but it fits.

505066.jpg

That must be a seriously loose fitting bag on a normal bass then. In a pinch I once put my tbird in a gig bag that normally held my Jazz V Deluxe (read that.... 5 inline tuners) all comfy like.

I had to put the bass in backwards to get it inside at all and literally the entire headstock protruded from the top. The zipper came right up to the nut, almost exactly.

Archived