If you were in Germany for a day.

gspointer

• Members
German crystal is famous, for good reason.

German womens' clothing can be quite stylish. Mrs. Thumper bought mainly German clothes when we were stationed in Bavaria in the early '90s.

I don't remember any great wines from that region, but Rhein and Mosel wines can be quite nice. M

• Members
A one million mark note?
:D

http://www.mygermanstore.com/Gifts/Birthday-present/1-Million-Mark-present::459.html

Haven't seen anything but Euros this time. I think I have some Marks and Kroner(sp) at home though. A few years ago I could have gotten some Iraqi, Lira I think, pretty cheap. Is there any currency called Lira that is worth anything? I haven't been to Italy for 7 or 8 years, but, last time I used their Lira I think the exchange ratio was around 1800 to 1. I was a millionaire.:thu:

• Members
Haven't seen anything but Euros this time. I think I have some Marks and Kroner(sp) at home though. A few years ago I could have gotten some Iraqi, Lira I think, pretty cheap. Is there any currency called Lira that is worth anything? I haven't been to Italy for 7 or 8 years, but, last time I used their Lira I think the exchange ratio was around 1800 to 1. I was a millionaire.
:thu:

The Italian lira has gone the way of the Deutschmark, thankfully. It does make cross-border trains so much easier!

Archived