Epiphone Thunderbird owners--Case question

RIC N BACKER

• Members

I dont think the mf elite gig bag will fit thunderbird. It will barely fit the BC Rich deluxe gigbag and of course would fit their bass gig bag. So suggests either the epi case for thunderbird the BC Rich deluxe bass gigbags. cause again I rather doubt tb will fit mf elite gigbag. Tb is little too long for most bass cases and bags.

• Members

I dont think the mf elite gig bag will fit thunderbird. It will barely fit the BC Rich deluxe gigbag and of course would fit their bass gig bag. So suggests either the epi case for thunderbird the BC Rich deluxe bass gigbags. cause again I rather doubt tb will fit mf elite gigbag. Tb is little too long for most bass cases and bags.

Tb is little too long for most bass cases and bags.

yep, I have a Rondo gig bag for my SBJ-75 Jazz bass and the headstock of the tbird sticks oput about 2-3 inches. looks {censored}ing lame doing that.

It will barely fit the BC Rich deluxe gigbag and of course would fit their bass gig bag.

what?

• Members

Ric, what I meant was, tb barely fits in the regular (guitar version) bc rich gig bag. Had one of thhe epi tb's for awhile. Was tight fit, but would go in. Their guitar bags fit most regular basses as well. The bass gig bag is even longer to accomodate warlock basses etc etc, so the tb would fit it fine. BC Rich bass gig bag is fairly new, they didnt have such when I had my tbird. So only choice was their guitar gig bag which was just barely long enough to squeeze tb into.

• Members

Ric, what I meant was, tb barely fits in the regular (guitar version) bc rich gig bag. Had one of thhe epi tb's for awhile. Was tight fit, but would go in. Their guitar bags fit most regular basses as well. The bass gig bag is even longer to accomodate warlock basses etc etc, so the tb would fit it fine. BC Rich bass gig bag is fairly new, they didnt have such when I had my tbird. So only choice was their guitar gig bag which was just barely long enough to squeeze tb into.

cool

thanks for elaborating :thu:

• Members

I used to have the Epi T-bird. I live in New York City and taking that thing around in a case was impossible. Felt like I was dragging an electric piano around. I hunted for a gig bag for years and never found it. I did use a cheap synth gig bag for a while, even though the T-bird headstock stuck out the top. Such a cool body shape, but in practical terms, a total pain in the ass.

• Members

I used to have the Epi T-bird. I live in New York City and taking that thing around in a case was impossible. Felt like I was dragging an electric piano around. I hunted for a gig bag for years and never found it. I did use a cheap synth gig bag for a while, even though the T-bird headstock stuck out the top. Such a cool body shape, but in practical terms, a total pain in the ass.

Yea, I am thinking that {censored}ing case is gonna be more a pain in the ass trying to store it in my house than getting around! lol

I guess I'll just let the headstock stick out the top of the Jass Bass gig bag I have...looks more punk anyways .....lol

Funny things is, I am from the city and moved upstate. I brought my Ric down a few weeks ago to play at a friends show. I wanted to give the Tbird a run next month when I come down again....

thanks for the reply

Archived