So I got an iPod Touch...

Derek5272

• Members

Note: when you put your finger down on a letter on the keyboard, it doesn't actually type the letter until you pick your finger back up, so until you get used to it, take it slow, and slide your finger to the correct keys. After a couple days of that, you'll find that you're much more accurate.

Also, holding down on any vowel or the "n", it will show the international characters. :thu:

• Members

Thanks for the help Inc. Do you have any idea what the purpose of this rubbery thing on the back is?

My old Nokia phone had one of those rubber pads on the back. I think it's so it doesn't slip in your fingers when you hold it, or so it doesn't slip off an incline when you set it down.

• Members

Congrats!
:wave:
I'm still in lub with my iPhone.

Yeah, I can see now why somebody would spend that much money on a phone now. I was playing around with the Touch for hours yesterday, still haven't listened to any music on it. Having too much fun with all my puzzle games. And Myst! Haven't been able to play that game in like 10 years.

• Members

They have Myst? Awesome. May I also recommend iShoot. but the full version for $1. It's worth it.

I still love my iTouch. I use it everyday. The email and calendar sync is the only thing that keeps my life organized. Someday I'll upgrade to the iPhone.

Go try out MobileMe at www.me.com. It'll wirelessly sync your contacts and calendars with a mac or windows PC.

• Members

I just got an iphone last week, so I've been doing a lot of playing as well.

Must-have applications:

Pandora

Shazam

Some fun games to unbore yourself when you're in line or whatever:

Stickwars

epic pet wars

Ouch!

Pocket Tanks

chessfree

Minesweeper free

iFighter

Other misc apps I like:

Lose It!

Aim

FML

iFitness

ebay

fandango

ChordPlayLE

MiniPiano

Fake Call

Lightsaber

I have a bunch of other apps on here I haven't tried yet, but those are some of the ones I've gotten a chance to use and approve so far.

• Members

Go try out MobileMe at
www.me.com
. It'll wirelessly sync your contacts and calendars with a mac or windows PC.

Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure if it works with the iTouch, and I'll save $99 a year and just plug in my itouch to my computer to sync my outlook calendar and contacts. It already syncs with gmail automatically.

• Members

Yeah, I can see now why somebody would spend that much money on a phone now. I was playing around with the Touch for hours yesterday, still haven't listened to any music on it. Having too much fun with all my puzzle games. .

Hell, I still think it's too much dinero for a phone. But it's a game machine, iPod, GPS, workout tracker, internet browser, email...all sorts of cool different applications...besides being a kickass phone. It's everything! :)

I don't have expanded cable or satellite, or anything fancy at home. But the iPhone is something I actually use every day.

• Members

Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure if it works with the iTouch, and I'll save $99 a year and just plug in my itouch to my computer to sync my outlook calendar and contacts. It already syncs with gmail automatically.

It absolutely works with the touch and it does a lot more than sync for the $99:

-20gb of online storage accessible from any internet-connected pc or mac worldwide.

-a public dropbox where you can leave or retrieve files that are too big to e-mail

-an @me.com email address with up to 5 aliases

-and a {censored}-ton of other features if you are using a Mac.

• Members

Wait, do you have an iPod or iPhone?? Your title say iPod Touch.

Just an iPod, not the iPhone. But, knowing all the features the two share, and the iPhone note relying on a WiFi network for online apps, I can now understand why somebody would actually want to drop the coin on an iPhone. It really is a fun little gadget.

• Members

I just researched the whole portable and touch thing this month for my daughter. The ipod touch was the winner, with the wifi and excellent music/vid apps. The iphone sucks only because it's twice as much and you have to sign a 2 year contract with AT&T for a minimum of 60 bucks a month. That's a deal killer for me. I'll take my {censored}ty phone and lower bills and just use the touch for what it's made for. Oh yeah, and the daughter might get one too if she gets straight A's (probably get one anyway but that's the deal she and wifey had cut before I came along and stuck my nose in) :)

• Members

I just researched the whole portable and touch thing this month for my daughter. The ipod touch was the winner, with the wifi and excellent music/vid apps. The iphone sucks only because it's twice as much and you have to sign a 2 year contract with AT&T for a minimum of 60 bucks a month. That's a deal killer for me. I'll take my {censored}ty phone and lower bills and just use the touch for what it's made for. Oh yeah, and the daughter might get one too if she gets straight A's (probably get one anyway but that's the deal she and wifey had cut before I came along and stuck my nose in)
:)

Depending on how old she is, the new iPhone/iPod Touch 3.0 software update will offer a host of parental controls so you can limit her usage and/or web access without having to look over her shoulder constantly.

• Members

I just got an iphone last week, so I've been doing a lot of playing as well.

Must-have applications:

Pandora

Shazam

Some fun games to unbore yourself when you're in line or whatever:

Stickwars

epic pet wars

Ouch!

Pocket Tanks

chessfree

Minesweeper free

iFighter

Other misc apps I like:

Lose It!

Aim

FML

iFitness

ebay

fandango

ChordPlayLE

MiniPiano

Fake Call

Lightsaber

I have a bunch of other apps on here I haven't tried yet, but those are some of the ones I've gotten a chance to use and approve so far.

Downloaded a few of those. iFighter's pretty fun. Can't find 'fandango' and a search for 'Pandora' only gets me Pandorabox. And, some of those aren't as useful on the Touch as they are on the iPhone, I'm sure :)

Archived