Had that "I love my rig" moment last night!

bassred

• Members

Setting up for an outside pool party last night, at my guitar players house. His step son rolls over the two 4X10 Hartke cabs, thinking that they are what I use at gigs.. grabbed the Sunn head (oldy, but goody) and set it up.. Lacking booty, so the EQ was drastic, caused PA to be boomy, and I still couldn't hear the rig onstage... First set was wicked rough. I felt no connection to my axe, it actually kinda pissed me off, because I'm so used to that comfortable feeling when I play...

Second set, I rolled the Fridge out of the way, put my Yorkville BM200 in place, reset the EQ on the PA channel back to flat, and was instantly in love all over again.

With very minimal EQ on my active bass, and the amp, the PA channel EQ flat, and the volume on the amp at '2.5' .. I was back at home and the rest of the gig went great.

30 mins before cut off time for noise ordinance time, two very unfriendly cops shut us down... I was very tempted to make a swine flu comment on the mic, but resisted.. it wouldn't have been worth it..

Anywho, just wanted to sing some praise for my good old Yorville BM200 single 15" combo!!! It's the one with Blue carpet covering that you might find for a really good deal at a pawn shop.. Next one I see I'm buying, so I'll always have one!

• Members

I have never played a yorkville before, I hear they are nice rigs. I bought a Hartke stack when I picked the bass back up a few years ago. Mine couldn't handle volume of any kind. Their performance was dismal. I feel ya brudder!
:thu:

Yeah, I'm also not a fan of 10's... so put those two together and it was totally not my groove.

I had a Hartke 3500 as my main rig for years, with paper-cone cabs from other manufacturers, I got plenty of volume and great tone from that rig.

The Yorkville is a very clean amp. Loads of volume, totally usable EQ and a contour switch that can actually be used without killing the sound (it is a drastic contour, but can make for some very nice tone changes)....

My guitar player said that he saw a combo like mine at a pawn shop in Victorville, CA... it's just a little too far for a drive, but I am tempted... :love:

• Members

That's cool. I saw my friends band last night at a festival the the BP's Line6 Lowdown combo was putting out all sorts of freaky coolness. Very usable effects on those things.

I have the Lowdown combo w/ the 12" speaker, but plugged into one at the new GC Studio in Woodland Hills with a 15" - I was so impressed with it that I am looking at the new 750 watt head.

Archived