A twinge of bass sadness

BottomHeavyKate

• Members

I was trying to count my recordings in iTunes.....I got to 130 songs....I know I don't have all the recordings.

But I can't remember the names of so many of them.......it's kind of like forgetting the face of someone you lost. Okay maybe not that bad.....but it's sad.

• Members

I'm having a twinge of bass sadness too. I think have to sell Brown Betty. :cry:

She's played some great clubs that are no more... lots of history with that bass.

Two of the best paying rockabilly clubs in town will close down this weekend too. ugh. Man, what a crappy week to be a musician in my house.

• Members

Haha, that does happen from time to time. Ahh just write new ones or new and improved bass lines.

It happens to me too all the time. I blame the drugs, they never liked me. :lol:

Is Betty the P bass? Pic?

Please tell me it's not your first upright? :cry:

• Members

Why do you have to sell her????

Maybe I can help.....

some crazy work drama that doesn't involve me but affects me nonetheless. Nothing I can do about it but sit and wait and polish my bass. lol. I can get new gear, it's not really that bad. I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic.

• Members

some crazy work drama that doesn't involve me but affects me nonetheless. Nothing I can do about it but sit and wait and polish my bass. lol. I can get new gear, it's not really that bad. I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic.

well let me know...I'd make a good home for her and she could go back any time you wanted.

Seriously...

• Members

It happens to me too all the time. I blame the drugs, they never liked me.
:lol:

Is Betty the P bass? Pic?

Please tell me it's not your first upright?
:cry:

nah, I'll sell the house long before I sell the URB.

779514653_l.jpg

This is part of her at Night Gallery.

IMG_0051.jpg

I took of the James Dean sticker today.

• Members

well let me know...I'd make a good home for her and she could go back any time you wanted.

Seriously...

:) That's what I love about this place. I've bought gear more than once here now that I didn't need, just to bail out someone that needed a hand, and given away a number of parts that were collecting dust just to see them get some actual use, what they were meant for.

And I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I could.

Archived