Anyone notice the Fenfer price drop today?

Ender_rpm

• Members

Examples:

Us Jazz $1399 from $1499 (7%?)

Mexi Jazz went down about 10%, $659 to $599

US P Bass 1229 from 1439 (15%?)

US Hwy one Tele $699 from $899 (~20%)

Mexi Tele $499 from $549 (10%)

Makes the hwy one's MUCH more competitive with the Mexi's. US Still seems like a huge hike from when I last was shopping, but that was several years ago. US Jazz or Import Lakland? Or the new G&L in the other thread? Um, G&L please :)

• Members

yeah, I recieved an email promoting it. wondered immediately if the action was at all related to backlash and/or drop in sales following their recent price increases, enacted in here in times of low consumer confidence.

Also noticed that the Highway 1's are the best value; that's the line I'd pick anyway.

and the Geddy still sits at $1220 :p

• Members

no, but I did notice the gas prices going back up!!:rolleyes:

I remember the employer at Sam Ash telling me and my bf that the Fenders and Squiers were going up in price. this was back in Dec when he told us...so maybe people weren't buying them so they went down???

Well, the Yen exchange rate hasn't gotten any better, so there's no way to change that price.

I do know this, my mom just got back from Japan yesterday, and my uncle there gave my mother money for me-about 100,000 yen which they don't give you much in exchange..she said it is like $900 here...I like the sound of 100,000 better! lol!

• Members

I don't think they are crap but they are overpriced for sure.

+1

Even for 1400 bucks you can do quite a bit worse than an american fender. Stingrays aren't really any better for around the same price and a lot of dudes like those.

You can do a whole lot better too but that's the case in every price range - there's stuff of middling value and stuff of superb value, and stuff of questionable value. Fender's are right in the middle of the pack at 1400 bones.

• Members

+1

Even for 1400 bucks you can do quite a bit worse than an american fender. Stingrays aren't really any better for around the same price and a lot of dudes like those.

You can do a whole lot better too but that's the case in every price range - there's stuff of middling value and stuff of superb value, and stuff of questionable value. Fender's are right in the middle of the pack at 1400 bones.

Don't ruin my fun.

Archived