NABD..and a sweet deal

NitroBobby

• Members

so i've been wanting an acoustic to jam with the guys. they all have acoustic guitars and i always had to plug in. i did a little research and found some reviews on a few ABs. i didn't want to spend more than $300-350. i like ibanez basses, so i saw the AEB10E and thought that it would be the one. it was at the top of my range, but i read some good reviews and like i said, i like ibanez. so i go to GC and play the ones they have. they had the ibanez, a dean, a micheal kelly and a laguna. i was looking for something that i would play primarily un-plugged but i did want decent electronics. i liked that the ibanez had a balanced xlr built in, a plus in it's favor. then i played it. it seriously lacked any acoustic volume and the set up was crap. lots of fret buzzing all over and an over all sloppy feel. the dean sounded pretty good and was below my range. i also liked the michael kelly a lot. then i played the laguna LAB5CE. wow. great un-plugged volume sweet tone and a great feel. no buzz, no slapping noise and the thing looks beautiful. fishman electronics with an on-board tuner. the price tag says $299. sweet. this is the one. everyone at practice last night loved it, we all played with it, it sounds great. so this morning i decide to look around to see what others think of this beautiful instrument and what do i find? GCs website has it listed at $399 !! as a matter of fact everywhere that sells it has it for $100 more than i paid yesterday. score. now i feel even better about it. it didn't have any sale signs on it (though it is possible) so i think it was mis-labeled. even if it was on sale, at $299, this thing looks and sounds great. enough jabbering, here it is: :thu:

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

• Members

What frustrates me about my AB is that it's gotta be plugged in to keep up with an acoustic guitar =P Verry irritating. So I just plug in.

That one is quite spiffy looking however - how loud is it?

it was the loudest of the 4 that i played by quite a bit. the other 3 guys in my band all play acoustic guitars and were in agreement that it would be loud enough to jam along with un-plugged. i haven't tried it yet, so we'll see. when we do an acoustic jam, i'll let you know.

Archived