Vornado Rules!

burdizzos

• Members

A few weeks ago, woot.com was selling Vornado Compact 540 fans. I bought one because it was cheep and having a nice fan on stage is a real benefit.

The 540 has a clip which is even better because I could just clip it on to one of the crank stands and get blown all night.

Well, this past Saturday, while I was setting it up and talking about how awesome it was, the clip slipped off of the stand and it fell to the floor while on and the blade broke.

I sent them an email to see if they'd sell me a new blade since the failure was my fault. They responded by asking for my address so they can send out a free replacement.

So, to sum up today's events, dump XM/Sirius and use the savings to buy a sweet Vornado.

• Members

A few weeks ago, woot.com was selling Vornado Compact 540 fans. I bought one because it was cheep and having a nice fan on stage is a real benefit.

The 540 has a clip which is even better because I could just clip it on to one of the crank stands and get blown all night.

Well, this past Saturday, while I was setting it up and talking about how awesome it was, the clip slipped off of the stand and it fell to the floor while on and the blade broke.

I sent them an email to see if they'd sell me a new blade since the failure was my fault. They responded by asking for my address so they can send out a free replacement.

So, to sum up today's events,
and use the savings to buy a sweet

Any mic bleed through?

• Members

Any mic bleed through?

That's what's cool about the Vornado. It's not just a fan, it's an air circulator. :D

But seriously, it moves a bunch of air with very little spread, so if you aim it two feet behind the mic there's no wind noise in the mic, but every time you step back from the mic it's like a freakin' wind storm.

The only downside is is some asshat decides to light up a cigarette, or worse a cigar, just on the other side of the Vornado. It also sucks if some skank wearing too much Wal-mart perfume walks by. The first person who farts into it is catching a beer bottle in the face.

• Members

I have the same fan and use it at rehearsals and on stage - it's a lifesaver.

But if I walk out to grab a beer or go the bathroom, it's usually pointing in another direction (away from me) when I get back.

I guess there is such a thing as fan envy. :idk::mad:

I know what to get my bandmates for their birthdays...

• Members

I used a fan similar to this one at our gig on Saturday night:

51AynWyN9GL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Since I was using an amp instead of a DI, I just set it on top of the head blowing towards me. I too got blown all night.

I was thinking of getting one of those. Sometimes you can't find a good place to clip on your fan at some venues.

Putting one of those on top of my amp head would be schweet.

• Members

I use the same one Burdizzos does. It comes with a base that it clips onto, so that you can use it as a freestanding fan (and looks almost exactly like the one Thunderbroom posted when it's clipped onto its base).

Mine doesn't have the clip-on base. :cry: I guess it's not like Burdizzo's.

Maybe I should invest in the kind TBroom has; I would even put it on the floor if I had too. And believe me, there were times when that's all the room I had for a fan... :mad:

Archived