• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

I beg to differ:

20090728-fehahdpnxa6kmk91qwdc5ck77s.jpg

:D

:D

If you posted a P-51 Mustang, or P-38 Ligthning, I'd be on board. But I had a boss who owned one of these, and it was cool, but far from perfect. He did say it was the fastest car he owned....and he had Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porche's, and lots of muscle cars.

• Members

What the {censored} is up with that place???

How can they actually stamp the headstock like that and not be violationg some kind of Trademark laws?

cos China don't recognize your trademark 'laws'

• Members

What the {censored} is up with that place???

How can they actually stamp the headstock like that and not be violationg some kind of Trademark laws?

The same way those filthy sewer rats use pictures from ebay to sell nonexistent instruments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

hahahaha. what a bunch of cocksmokers.yeah... ric buying fender is a waaaay more plausible scenario.
:rolleyes:

I have to say after joining the Ric forum and spending some time there, reading some of John Halls smug remarks and lack of respect for Ric owners.. add to that the general sycophantic attidude of the people there, made me feel ill, no way I wanna be associated with a brand like that.

I sold both my Rics.. {censored} em.. Lost money on em too.. just glad to be rid of them both. Shame I have to play one in the band I'm in :facepalm:

Worse than apple fanbois!

• Members
I have to say after joining the Ric forum and spending some time there, reading some of John Halls smug remarks and lack of respect for Ric owners.. add to that the general sycophantic attidude of the people there, made me feel ill, no way I wanna be associated with a brand like that.

I sold both my Rics.. {censored} em.. Lost money on em too.. just glad to be rid of them both. Shame I have to play one in the band I'm in
:facepalm:

fanbois of anything are terrible. But seriously, you sold your instruments because the way their CEO is? Were they crappy basses?

• Members

I sold both my Rics.. {censored} em.. Lost money on em too.. just glad to be rid of them both. Shame I have to play one in the band I'm in
:facepalm:

i agree,the ric fanboi-ism IS frightening.

john hall personifies everything that is wrong with that company now imo.His whole " i have to maintain the ric mystique so i'll just drop melodramatic hints and then later say i told you so" schtick is ridiculous.

and kudos to you for selling those instruments as a moral stand :thu:

• Members

To the OP- pretty good one!

Never know what's going to happen these days....

Fender owns Gretsch which is/was a Rickenbacker-sort of build in it's own way...

I read where John Hall gets several offers a month to sell the Company, he's not interested.

I met him (briefly) at NAMM, we spoke pleasantly; he's a bassist, and I understand his RIC collection is beyond belief as one might expect.

The basses- I own (2); they're awesome; really unique animals.

The 4003 is, well, a 4003, and my 4004L Laredo is a funk machine, can ya believe it?

I suppose Ric fanz and the forumites are the same as any other afficianados- there's some good peeps and some A-****S in the bunch.

Welcome to the Human Race, eh?

Anyway- I don't think we'll be seeing a FenderBacker anytime soon, but then again-

No one lives 4-ever!

Archived