Picked up a copy of the Blues Brothers movie for 5 bucks at Wal-Mart...

bassthumpintwin

• Members

Always in my Top 10.
:thu:
Along with Arthur, The Money Pit, Caddyshack, Animal House, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, etc...

Definitely one of those movies that I'll watch whenever I see that it's on TV.

Ah, the Money Pit. One of Tom Hanks finest.

That part where he starts laughing uncontrollably (I want to say it's right after the staircase falls off) is one of my favorite scenes. That laugh KILLS me.

That, or when he falls through the floor and get's stuck in the carpet.

• Members

This should be a "True Walmart Story", but the $5 bin was deemed unsightly, so they replaced it with a $5 rack. Now the movies are placed on the shelves of the rack neatly and in order, and you can see all the titles.

Sales went down measurably.

So guess what? The $5 bin came back last week.

• Members

This should be a "True Walmart Story", but the $5 bin was deemed unsightly, so they replaced it with a $5 rack. Now the movies are placed on the shelves of the rack neatly and in order, and you can see all the titles.

Interesting. I never noticed a $5 rack, but the $5 bin is still going strong in my local WM.

• Members

I don't think it's unsightly, but it is a pain in the butt to go through.

The first layer is usually the same 5 movies, which are inevitably crappy, and the bin is always stacked to the top, so that when you start digging for the good ones in the bottom, you start knocking half of the top layer into the floor.

I always feel like people are looking at me thinking "look at that poor sap knocking movies everywhere. He must not be able to afford one at full price. Should we give him some money?"

:D

Actually, the one I searched through last night had a bin, with a couple of small racks above it. Unfortunately, teh one's on the rack were all the same, and all movies I didn't want to see.

• Members

actually, come to think of it, I DID see Animal House in the bin as well. I should have picked it up.

That's the beauty of the dump bin! There's a ton of great movies in there mixed in with total crap, and you just have to dig. It's like Pirate treasure.

Here are some titles I know are in our dump bin:

Jaws

Superman Returns

The Blues Brothers

Pretty In Pink

Fiddler on the Roof

Wall Street

A Benji 4 pak (Ok....that one's not so cool, but for those of you with small kids......4 movies your 6 year old can watch for 5 bucks???????)

• Members

...and there's no excuse. It runs on WGN, TNT, or USA about 200 times a year, and it's in the $5 bin at both Wal- Mart and Target.

What are you? Anti- American???

:poke:

No t.v. service :thu: Although I can watch the occasional movie, just never thought of picking this one up.

Maybe next time I am at Walmart...

• Members

:poke:

No t.v. service
:thu:
Although I can watch the occasional movie, just never thought of picking this one up.

Maybe next time I am at Walmart...

MAYBE?

This is by far one of the greatest movies ever made. Not only is it hilarious, but it has a great story line, great blues and R&B music, and quite a few cameo appearances from other great musicians and actors. It also has one of the biggest car crash/pile up scenes in movie history, mostly involving cop cars. :lol:

But mostly it's just one of the funniest movies every made. :D

• Members

Mrs. Murphy: Help you two?

Elwood: Do you have any white bread ma'am?

Mrs. Murphy: Yeah.

Elwood: I'll have some toasted white bread please.

Mrs. Murphy: You want butter or jam on that, honey?

Elwood: No ma'am, dry.

Jake: Do you have any fried chicken ma'am?

Mrs. Murphy: Best damned chicken in the state.

Jake: Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.

Mrs. Murphy: You want chicken wings or chicken legs?

Jake: Four fried chickens and a Coke.

Elwood: And some dry white toast please.

Mrs. Murphy: Ya'all want anything to drink with that?

Elwood: No ma'am.

Jake: A Coke.

Mrs. Murphy: Be right back.

:lol:

Archived