OT: So my fat butt finally got up on a wakeboard....

chubrocker

• Members

I never learned to water ski, so I wasn't sure if I could do it. It took me 3-4 tries to get up, but I did it. I could go for about 15 seconds each time. I had a couple of 1 minute-ish tries as well. I would wipe out tho each time I tried to go over a wave.

I'm about to wipe-out here. LOL!

Mattwake1.jpg

• Members

I remember the first time I tried to water ski. It wasn't pretty, though I did have my moments of clarity and success. Just before I wiped out again... :facepalm:

It's amazing how worn out you get without even realizing it. I tried to climb back into the boat after a while, and my arms were completely give out.

• Members

Very cool. I'm so jealous. I can waterski (slalom) but I can't wakeboard to save my ass. I've been trying forever.

Did you start off deep or shallow?

We were only in deep water. I was told that not knowing how to ski was actually a benefit. They are NOT the same--at least according to the guy who was helping us (guy from church). His theory too is that height has something to do with it. He's 6'3" and basically a master water skiier---he cannot wakeboard very well. He thinks he's too tall---at least he needs a longer board than the one we used (his sons' board).

The key to starting off was being in a "catcher's squat" at first and really leaning your feet forward to get the board on top of the water.

I'm STILL sore!!! My pecs are screaming today!

• Members

Cool, and congratulations!

I used to be kind of a hardcore wakeboarder...you know, for an old guy.

My favorite is wakesurfing.

That said, I haven't owned a boat since 2003, and my buddies with boats don't ride much any more.

Here's the evidence:

bigair.jpg

boat1.jpg

• Members

Wakeboarding is super fun... Once you get the hang of it, it's like riding a bike. I don't have friends with boats anymore.
:(

I have the same shortage of friends with boats...

As for wakeboarding, I stood up and rode on the first pull. Pissed off everyone on the boat.:D Being a snowboarder really helps with the conceptuality of it all.

C7

• Members

I have the same shortage of friends with boats...

As for wakeboarding, I stood up and rode on the first pull. Pissed off everyone on the boat.
:D
Being a snowboarder really helps with the conceptuality of it all.

C7

Yup, for sure. I didn't get up first try, but also didn't realize you had to hold on so tight... Got up second try for a second, third try and rode for a while.

Archived