David Minnieweather - luthier - has died

knuckle_head

• Members

RIP

He made really beautiful looking basses.

He had made several bassists who had placed deposits with him upset lately because he had fallen behind in corresponding/replying to emails, etc. I guess maybe now we know why.
:(

Yeah I guess it would be hard to fill orders for mortals when you are in the big workshop in the sky .

• Members

Oh, wow.
What happened?

Its too sad to say that a friend and I witnessed what seemed to be a person jumping or falling off the Freemont Bridge. We reported it to 911, later I comfirmed the incident with an editor at KATU News. Later I learned it was David Minniweather. It happened just yesterday.

• Members

Its too sad to say that a friend and I witnessed what seemed to be a person jumping or falling off the Freemont Bridge. We reported it to 911, later I comfirmed the incident with an editor at KATU News. Later I learned it was David Minniweather. It happened just yesterday.

If this is true, how impossibly sad.

• Members

A Portland builder and really good bassist - a kind and inquisitive soul.

I didn't know him well but I liked him. He made some beautiful instruments.

I wrote this note below yesterday, and yes it is true.

Archived