It's Friday! What's on Tap?

db.

• Members
:thu:

I really, really like that some microbrewers are offering their beers in cans. It's a lot handier for camping, picnics, etc.

Guinness for me right now, left over from the weekend's PDX meet. Thanks, Evan.
:D

Totally! 4 micros in CO can their beers now and it's awesome.

• Members
I despise canned beer. Does it taste any different between bottle/can?

Two of them only put their beer in cans (Upslope and Oskar Blues), Ska Brewing doesn't put the same beer in bottles as cans, and I haven't A/B'd Fat Tire so :idk: What I do know is they all taste good from a can!

• Members
So you don't know if there's a difference but yet you despise canned beer. yippy kay yea mother{censored}er.

Actually, I was wondering if there was a difference in taste between good beer in a can over bottle. Because I can certainly tell the difference between {censored}ty beer in a can over bottle. So yippy kay yea mother{censored}er to you, too. :rolleyes:

• Members
Actually, I was wondering if there was a difference in taste between good beer in a can over bottle. Because I can certainly tell the difference between {censored}ty beer in a can over bottle. So yippy kay yea mother{censored}er to you, too.
:rolleyes:

hhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo

• Members
I despise canned beer. Does it taste any different between bottle/can?

Canned beer has some advantages over bottled. Cans are opaque so the contents aren't affected by sunlight, which can cause oxidation or skunkiness.

Cans are lighter and travel better for camping and other outdoor activities.

Try a blind test. Buy cans and bottles of the same beer, pour them in glasses, and compare. You might be surprised. :D

• Members
Canned beer has some advantages over bottled. Cans are opaque so the contents aren't affected by sunlight, which can cause oxidation or skunkiness.

Cans are lighter and travel better for camping and other outdoor activities.

Try a blind test. Buy cans and bottles of the same beer, pour them in glasses, and compare. You might be surprised.
:D

But that's the problem, when I drink canned beer I don't drink it out of a glass. You do have a good point though, so I'll try it. Off to Binny's!

• Members

But that's the problem, when I drink canned beer I don't drink it out of a glass. You do have a good point though, so I'll try it. Off to Binny's!

:wave:

I try to drink beer out of a pint glass at home. When Mrs. Thumper and I go camping or are on a day trip, we make do as best we can.

Mickey's 22 oz bombers from the neck taste pretty good with Dungeness crab and razor clams at the Oregon coast. :D

• Members
Caldera
is available in cans.

Stop at the Whole Foods in Bridgeport Village. They have several decent micros in cans. So does Lamb's Palisades Market in Lake Oswego.

Canned beer from ASHLAND?!?! Never thought I'd see the day. I figured that even their kegs were made of crystal. :D

I will check it out fo sho!

Archived