Do you bring a backup bass to gigs?

Sonic1

• Members

I ended up with two Rumblefish 5L's because I wanted to have a spare that was identical to my main bass. Turns out the band and sound guys like the P/J's way better than the 'fishes, but that's because they are girlie men. If I play out now, I just use my little Steinie Spirit as a throw in the car backup bass, but I really should play it some too since it sounds badass!

• Members

Never. I maintain my bass carefully to avoid the need for a backup, and when using public transport, lugging 2 basses along is too much of a hassle. Plus, I'd ideally want another identical to my current bass, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I guess ideally I'd like to have a backup. If I went on a long-ish tour or something I might invest in another, cheaper, bass.

I always bring backup cables (especially for my wireless), strings (the old set, boiled) and batteries though.

• Members

I usually used to bring a four and fiver, and played the fiver on drop d stuff. I have sinced switched to playing strictly the fiver, but I still bring two basses to any gig, with extra cables, batteries, strings, and a tool kit. Its a habit I picked up from having to provide my own PA system. Always have a fast fix.

Archived