Is anyone here a Google AdWords pro?

Kindness

• Members

Google SEO is a bit hit and miss.

The "experts" all attempt to deduce behavior that is not clearly documented and subject to change.

That said, the things that I have observed that affect Google PageRank:

Links to and from other sites that also have good PageRank in your "category".

This is by far the most effective way to boost your page rank.

Also, if your domain name itself contains one of your keywords....not often talked about but extremely true and verified.

Be very leery of SEO firms that "guarantee" Pagerank or in other ways attempt to "game" Google - you can go from first to worst in the blink of an eye when Google gets wind of the scamming....

The most popular scam is the link farm: groups of bogus sites that do nothing but point to one another....

A good tactic is to partner with another site that has known good PageRank for your keywords.

Good luck - I'll be dealing with these issues myself in the coming months as I help a client re-design a website I origninally programmed for him back in '99.

• Members

Be very leery of SEO firms that "guarantee" Pagerank or in other ways attempt to "game" Google - you can go from first to worst in the blink of an eye when Google gets wind of the scamming....

What do you mean "guarantee"? All SEO firms that I worked with ask for pay based on your position, that's the only kind of guarantee I can imagine.

Also, link farms don't really work anymore because of reasons you stated - links from bad pages are worthless.

• Members

Looking at your site a little closer this morning, and here's a couple of minor suggestions....

1) I would add an alt tag, title tag, and I would put an H1 tag around your logo. Something like this....

Richards Patent Law chicago patent law

2) I would also add alt and title tags to this image.

Richards Patent Law chicago patent law

3) add alt and title tags....

I would also change your current

tags to

tags, mostly because the keywords in the

tags aren't going to help you much.

Archived