WOT: Pleasant ... Double Chocolate Stout

Brother Mango

• Members

Its supposedly the #10 rated beer in the world.

http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/bestbeers_012009.asp

My goal is to eventually try each beer on this top 100 list. The 3 Floyds Dark Lord Stout is only brewed one day a year and you can only get it at the brewery. Any one up for a road trip?

I have never had any beer on that list. :facepalm: Guess I've got to go to the liquor store tonight.

• Members

A) I thought you didn't drink alcohol, Mango

B) Thrustin is right, the Rogue stuff is the TITS!

I've appreciated bourbon for a long time.

Beer is something I thought was just nasty.

With an open mind, I did try new stuff recently and discovered that the hops taste in beer is what I found so repugnant.

The dark stuff is nice nice nice! Some can still be a bit bitter. Goose Island's Naughty Goose is dark but too bitter for me. But their Bourbon County Stout is as black as ink and so very tasty.

• Members

Its supposedly the #10 rated beer in the world.

My goal is to eventually try each beer on this top 100 list. The 3 Floyds Dark Lord Stout is only brewed one day a year and you can only get it at the brewery. Any one up for a road trip?

Absolutely! It's in April I think.

• Members

Absolutely! It's in April I think.

Yes, April. They'll post it on their website as the date approaches. From what I hear, its is crazy down there on that day. I saw a video of the line 90 min before the doors open and it was blocks long. I guess you have to get down there pretty early or even camp out. I hope the beer is worth it:lol:

Archived