Diesel?

philthygeezer

• Members

If power grids are already struggling to keep up with demand, what's gonna happen when everybody has a car that needs to be plugged in every night? I don't remember what the battery life in an electric car is, but I know it's not very long. In the long run, I fail to see how electric cars are better.

Most of the word I hear is that the PHEV (plug in hybrids) actually help the grid, as they allow it to use them for extra storage of power and they draw primarily at night when the grid has extra capacity.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most of the word I hear is that the PHEV (plug in hybrids) actually help the grid, as they allow it to use them for extra storage of power and they draw primarily at night when the grid has extra capacity.

Not yet, that's a "future planning" concept, requiring special equipment (metering). Currently, you pay a lot more to take power off the grid than to put it back on so this is a very bad idea unless that situation changes.

• Members

I wonder why hydrogen-powered vehicles are strictly for CA use only?

Also, Diablo is awesome. Someone needs to burn me a copy of D:2 and I'll send you like $5.
:thu:

H is far too expensive. There is a lot more natural gas around than there is H.

Archived