M6 Carbine

bubblegum

• Members

I know "bassandgolf" uses one, or maybe the M9? Have you read the Mega-Threads on Talkbass about this particular amp? It's the MarkBass LMII for 2009. :cool: I think it's on Pt. 3 or something. Lots of real-world experience there. I'm not sure how many people here have the M6, and if so, if they use it for that style in particular.

• Members

I would not think twice about using an M6 for metal or rock. Absolutely fantastic. It really shines with aggressive technique IMHO, particularly like it with a pick. Sounds great period but I think it'd be simply amazing for picked metal :)

• Members

All I can say is I tried an M9 in the store through what I believe was an M/B 412 cab. I was pretty impressed. I'd love to hear one through my cab at higher volume.

Yeah, I can't imagine you'd be able to push that amp more than a squeak running through a PH412... ;)

• Members

I've played the M6 a lot and enjoy it quite a bit. It would have no problems being flexible enough to fit in with a hard rock or metal band. You've played it a few times, what's your concern?

I have considered divorcing my wife and eloping with that Son of a so and so! :love:Just didnt want to wake up in Vegas with a hangover and no recollection of what happened! :confused: Just wanted to get some other opinions on it. Talkbass has ALOT of discussion about it (over 1000 posts!) I pick a MIM Fender Jazz Bass and am looking for a change from my current rig. I wanna step up a bit. Right now I am playin through a Carvin R1000 head with a 410 and 115 GK backline series.

I also have a righty Epiphone Explorer I use on occasion. Thanks

• Members

Went to my local music shop and plugged into the M6 along with the Powerhouse 1200 cabinet http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Cabs/PowerhouseCABS/PHbass1200-LG.htm

It was pretty awesome. Whenever I go there I try to be a little on the reserve side, but not yesterday, I let that place have it! So I'll probably end up bothering them several times a week until I get finances straight!

:cool:

• Members

Went to my local music shop and plugged into the M6 along with the Powerhouse 1200 cabinet
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Cabs/PowerhouseCABS/PHbass1200-LG.htm

It was pretty awesome. Whenever I go there I try to be a little on the reserve side, but not yesterday, I let that place have it! So I'll probably end up bothering them several times a week until I get finances straight!

Are you looking to upgrade your cabinetry or just the amp right now? That thing deserves a monster Boogie cab, I'm here to tell you. :cool:

• Members

Are you looking to upgrade your cabinetry or just the amp right now? That thing deserves a monster Boogie cab, I'm here to tell you.

I'm goin for the whole shabang baby. I'm not really feeling my current rig anymore and figure it could get me a decent down payment on the gear I'm after.

Archived