Genz-Benz NEOX-212T

MrJoshua

• Members

Taking advantage of the MF "big items ship free" deal. I'll let you know how I like it when it arrives. :D It'll be going under my GBE600.

I think I'm going to order two Kappalite drivers for my 2x15 cabinet this weekend, too. If I can shave a little weight off that cab, it can only be a good thing. :) The castors are starting to fall off, too (lost a couple of screws) and if I'm going to have to work on them I'll probably just take them off and put on some 4" wheels instead.

The GB is the first time I've ever spent more than a couple of hundred bucks on a bass cab. I hope it turns out to be worth it. :) It will bring my cab collection up to:

The new NEOX-212T

Peavey 2x15 with Carvin drivers (for now)

Peavey 210TX

The 210 stays in the house to be used for band practices and studio sessions with the old Peavey Series-400 head, while the 2x15 and 1x12 stay on the gear trailer to be used at gigs, depending on the size of the gig. If the 2x12 works out, the 1x12 may come off the trailer and into the house to be used for practice/studio work along with the 2x10. :)

I'm excited about this! :D I also ordered a dozen String Swing wall-mount guitar holders. I'm going to put them up in the hall so I have somewhere to keep my instruments besides leaning against whatever's handy. I do have a Warwick "Rock Stand" that holds five or six instruments (depending on whether you have the end of it against a wall to make another slot) but I've been keeping it on the trailer to use at gigs lately so I need something else in the house.

• Members

I LOVED my 210TX cab back in the 90's...bought it new and rocked it the whole decade.
:)

That said, you'll be blown away after your ears being used to those cabs.

Congrats...enjoy!
:)

Oh, I like the 210TX a LOT. :) That's why it's inside where I can use it for practices and studio work, lol. It gets more use than all the other cabs combined. But it's not exactly a high-dollar cab. :D So I'm looking forward to hearing the 212T.

Archived