vt bass pedal vs multi effect amp modeling

poomwah

• Members

Ok, I wnat way too many things, I want a decent svt modeler, I need some effects, chorus, delay, maybe reverb, I need a tuner, I want a volume pedal and a direct out would be nice

There's no way I can afford an ampeg, and I would like to be able to go through a pa without using a stage rig. I also can't afford to get a separate pedal for each job.

So the plan was, vt bass pedal and a small effects unit. So I started looking and found a lot of ppl saying the amp modling in the multi units is really good.

So, are the amp models accurate in either the korg ax3000b or the zoom b2

I don't have the budget for much more than that

• Members

Any idea of any of the korg model numbers? I was thinking the ax3000b is I know where there is a used one for about a hundred.

Forget models on entry level multis, they all sucK.

Get the VT and a good second hand multi without models such as a Boss ME-50B or an older Korg (a green one, any of them).

• Members

A 3000B for $100 is a very good deal. It has a lot of awesome effects and a lot of tweakability. Models are a bit bland but you don't have to use them.

In my opinion older models such as the 1B or 300B sound much more musical and cost next to nothing but the 3000B is nice.

• Members

The VT bass is worth every cent of the $125 or so that they sell for. When my SVT had some issues and was out of commission for a few months, I decided to invest in a VT Bass pedal (paired with an old solid state power amp, pushing an Ampeg 8x10 cab) as a temporary substitute amp for some shows my band had. I say this in total honesty: tonewise, I couldn't tell a difference. My SVT is back and working now, but I always bring the VT pedal along, just in case. I find it hard to believe any other device could get a more accurate sound at a better price.

• Members

Thanks snowblinder. Guess what I'm getting for christmas

The VT bass is worth every cent of the $125 or so that they sell for. When my SVT had some issues and was out of commission for a few months, I decided to invest in a VT Bass pedal (paired with an old solid state power amp, pushing an Ampeg 8x10 cab) as a temporary substitute amp for some shows my band had. I say this in total honesty: tonewise, I couldn't tell a difference. My SVT is back and working now, but I always bring the VT pedal along, just in case. I find it hard to believe any other device could get a more accurate sound at a better price.

Archived